Mandibular movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentstu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In unilateral balanced occlusion, contact between lower buccal cusps and upper buccal cusps along with simultaneous contact between lower lingual cusps upper lingual cusps will MOST likely occur in which of following types of mandibular movements ?

1. Laterotrusive
2. Mediotrusive
3. Straight retrusive
4. Straight protusive

Please anwser and explain.

Members don't see this ad.

its laterotrusive.
laterotrusive= working side.
for unilateral balance, contacts r present only on working side n not on balancing.(so no mediotrusive) . The straight options will not hv cusp-cusp contact. hope i m clear? :)

In unilateral balanced occlusion, contact between lower buccal cusps and upper buccal cusps along with simultaneous contact between lower lingual cusps upper lingual cusps will MOST likely occur in which of following types of mandibular movements ?

1. Laterotrusive
2. Mediotrusive
3. Straight retrusive
4. Straight protusive

Please anwser and explain.

Here is my answer.
"laterotrusive"

Unilateral balanced occlusion
=Group function occlusion
It is an occlusion relationship in which there is contact of all of the teeth on the working side during a lateral working movement.
Laterotrusive
=working side
Mediotrusive
=non-working side
=mediotrusive

Black Rose

Here is my answer.
"laterotrusive"

Unilateral balanced occlusion
=Group function occlusion
It is an occlusion relationship in which there is contact of all of the teeth on the working side during a lateral working movement.
Laterotrusive
=working side
Mediotrusive
=non-working side
=mediotrusive

Black Rose

Hi Black Rose,

Please explain what all contact occurs in all these movements, in brief.