Manual Skills Test at Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistj07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the manual skills test (plaster cube carving) for Loma Linda's Dental School admission process and did well on it? What did you do to prepare for it? Did you take any carving classes or have someone give you feedback? How did you improve?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken the manual skills test (plaster cube carving) for Loma Linda's Dental School admission process and did well on it? What did you do to prepare for it? Did you take any carving classes or have someone give you feedback? How did you improve?
I was accepted to Loma Linda this past cycle and at no time did I ever have to do a manual skills test. Interview day just consisted of an essay (30min), an interview (35min), and an optional tour of the school.

Reactions: 1 user
The skills test is only for IDP applicants, I believe.

I'm sure not everyone takes the test because it's only for those who score a certain amount on PAT and is used as an extra test to measure dexterity. I have to take it. I wanted to know for those who took it, what they did to get a great score.