many interviews but didn't get in, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yCAMrahp12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody here has received more than 4 interviews in the previous cycle (or this cycle) but in the end did not receive any acceptances? Anyone?

I have a feeling that even if you have 10+ interviews, there is still a chance that you will NOT get accepted. :luck:..

Members don't see this ad.

If you got a bunch of interviews and didnt get accepted anywhere, either you:
1. don't speak english very well
2. regurgitated information or your answers were too rehearsed
3. you failed a ethical question.
4. you are socially inept
5. all of the above.

Most people who get multiple interviews will get accepted somewhere (although there are exceptions).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you got a bunch of interviews and didnt get accepted anywhere, either you:
1. don't speak english very well
2. regurgitated information or your answers were too rehearsed
3. you failed a ethical question.
4. you are socially inept
5. all of the above.

Most people who get multiple interviews will get accepted somewhere (although there are exceptions).

Was going to edit a few grammatic errors in your post, but decided against it. It's funny now that people have been pointing that out. :laugh:

Anyway, YES I agree about speaking english correctly. No offense to people whom speak english as a second language, but come on. You have the opportunity to read over and edit what you type for goodness sake. We may be able to read what you type, but it's extremely hard to understand what you are attempting to say. I thought english 101 and english 102 were requirements for pharmacy school?

Was going to edit a few grammatic errors in your post, but decided against it. It's funny now that people have been pointing that out. :laugh:

Anyway, YES I agree about speaking english correctly. No offense to people whom speak english as a second language, but come on. You have the opportunity to read over and edit what you type for goodness sake. We may be able to read what you type, but it's extremely hard to understand what you are attempting to say. I thought english 101 and english 102 were requirements for pharmacy school?

That was a very rude and ignorant statement. My dad is Vietnamese, been here for 30 years, and you know what? He STILL has to have me correct his papers for grammatical errors when he writes something. Do you have any idea how hard it is for people to come here from another country and take the same classes you struggling with without the language barrier? My dad lost his country to communism, didn't really have a choice but to come here, and managed to become an electrical engineer in the process. I think that is extremely commendable. Just put yourself in someone else's shoes before you criticize them. To come here from another country, then decide to pursue pharmacy despite the language barrier is extremely commendable- I KNOW that I couldn't do it. My dad has a heart condition and you know what? The doctors who saved his life over and over again didn't speak the best english. These people obviously have something to contribute to our society and may just be the people you turn to for help one day. Good thing you don't have to be an english major to pursue medicine or my father would be dead.

That was a very rude and ignorant statement. My dad is Vietnamese, been here for 30 years, and you know what? He STILL has to have me correct his papers for grammatical errors when he writes something. Do you have any idea how hard it is for people to come here from another country and take the same classes you struggling with without the language barrier? My dad lost his country to communism, didn't really have a choice but to come here, and managed to become an electrical engineer in the process. I think that is extremely commendable. Just put yourself in someone else's shoes before you criticize them. To come here from another country, then decide to pursue pharmacy despite the language barrier is extremely commendable- I KNOW that I couldn't do it. My dad has a heart condition and you know what? The doctors who saved his life over and over again didn't speak the best english. These people obviously have something to contribute to our society and may just be the people you turn to for help one day. Good thing you don't have to be an english major to pursue medicine or my father would be dead.

Wow. Wow. I never once put anyone down. I implied that they should use spell check for grammatical errors before posting. I was in no way ignorant or rude. Do you even know what ignorant means? It's a fact that it is hard for us to understand their statements or questions if we can't understand them. I think you jumped the gun on this one buddy.

FYI: If you can't take a little constructive criticism, I doubt pharmacy school is for you. Or any type of medical program for that matter.

Last edited:

Read what you wrote above. As far as deciding who has pharmacy school in their future, being open to different cultures without criticism (even in a professional setting) is also an important trait for a pharmacist to have. I'm pretty sure this forum is for people trying to get in to pharmacy school. Putting people down and correcting their english is just rude.

Read what you wrote above. As far as deciding who has pharmacy school in their future, being open to different cultures without criticism (even in a professional setting) is also an important trait for a pharmacist to have. I'm pretty sure this forum is for people trying to get in to pharmacy school. Putting people down and correcting their english is just rude.

Are you pretending to be stupid or are you really just stupid? I would let this go if you were pretending to be stupid, but seeing as how I know you actually are, I have decided to respond to your post.

Read what I wrote above? Are you stupid and high? It is called constructive criticism. I'm trying to help the person out. Not speaking perfect english in person is one thing, but not being able to type it and proofread it for BASIC errors so other people can better help them is just plain silly.

I'm pretty sure this forum is for people trying to get into pharmacy school.

Thank you captain obvious! I'm sure plenty of people here are glad you pointed that out for them.

Was going to edit a few grammatic(grammatical) errors in your post, but decided against it. It's funny now that people have been pointing that out. :laugh:

Anyway, YES I agree about speaking english (English is capitalized)correctly. No offense to people whom(who) speak english as a second language, but come on. You have the opportunity to read over and edit what you type for goodness sake. We may be able to read what you type, but it's extremely hard to understand what you are attempting to say. I thought english 101 and english 102 were requirements for pharmacy school?

You sound like a prick and you should check your "holier than thou" attitude because your English isn't perfect either.

Agree 100%. I couldn't imagine studying let alone excelling in classes taught in another language.

Wow. Wow. I never once put anyone down. I implied that they should use spell check for grammatical errors before posting. I was in no way ignorant or rude. Do you even know what ignorant means? It's a fact that it is hard for us to understand their statements or questions if we can't understand them. I think you jumped the gun on this one buddy.

FYI: If you can't take a little constructive criticism, I doubt pharmacy school is for you. Or any type of medical program for that matter.

Now you're backpedaling and no he/she didn't jump the gun, it was pretty rude. By the way, don't EVER tell someone that pharmacy isn't right for them, especially when you are the one with the flawed point of view.

P.S. Who gives a **** about grammar and spelling

Are you pretending to be stupid or are you really just stupid? I would let this go if you were pretending to be stupid, but seeing as how I know you actually are, I have decided to respond to your post.

Read what I wrote above? Are you stupid and high? It is called constructive criticism. I'm trying to help the person out. Not speaking perfect english in person is one thing, but not being able to type it and proofread it for BASIC errors so other people can better help them is just plain silly.

Totally inappropriate.

You sound like a prick and you should check your "holier than thou" attitude because your English isn't perfect either.

Now you're backpedaling and no he/she didn't jump the gun, it was pretty rude. By the way, don't EVER tell someone that pharmacy isn't right for them, especially when you are the one with the flawed point of view.

P.S. Who gives a **** about grammar and spelling

Obiously you are an idiot too. You made my point in that first sentence of yours. THANKS! Notice how you understood me. My point was about these posts that people use atrocious grammar. How are people supposed to respond to their questions/statements if they can't understand them? Implying that they need to use spell check to find out if their sentences make sense is definitely not rude.

Prick? Wow, you got to use a word that didn't get censored. Aren't you cool.

How did I backpedal??? Do YOU know what that word means?

I think you two are just overly sensitive. When you write a Lab report for one of your classes and your professor tells you that you should try using spell check, are you going to cry and call him a prick too? Grow up. Pharmacy school is not for whiners.

why does she have a nicotine patch on her granny pannties

Pannties eh? Are those anything like panties?

At least it probably won't take 5 weeks like their disclaimer says. After they calculate you're GPA you have to wait again for the next mailing which I believe is every Monday, so just try and relax.

I can play this game as long as you would like. Or you can look at the facts. I was pointing out how this person should run "spell check" for errors so their posts make sense. I understand if there are a few spelling errors, but "spell check" also finds grammatical errors. I think the 2nd post I quoted could use either a period or "maybe" a semicolon before your last thought.

Speling errors are one thing, but fragmented and incomprehensible sentence structures are the basis of my suggesting they proofread/spell check their posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please get back on topic and don't fight with other members.

Thank you. Fighting on the internet is just pointless.

Back on topic: Don't feel bad if you don't get accepted even after getting several interviews. Interviews are not the final deciding factor. They look over your ENTIRE application. If you did well in an interview than you are most likely accepted, but if you did average and you were only accepted for interview as the last person they were considering, then you might not be accepted unless there were some really bad interviewers (which is rare). I do think that since so many interview at several schools and usually those that get interviews also get multiple choices, you will most likely get accepted to at least one of those schools (even after waitlisting), but just might not be your top choice. It is often the school most people are wary to enter (not fully accredited, bad weather, rural/low population area, etc).

Please get back on topic and don't fight with other members.

Thanks!

In my opinion, if you have enough drive to apply to 10+ schools, you will get in. Schools dont just look at grades and PCAT. They look for people with drive and ambition among other things. I know there was someone that posted in this forum that said they have been applying for 8 years and he/she was finally accepted.

Dont forget, some of these people that get accepted to 3 or 4 schools end up turning down all but one. In a few months, more spots will start opening up. Good things will come to those that wait and work hard.

I am vietnamese too. I am 35 years old and recentl got in one of 3 pharmcy schools that I have applied this year. I do not speak or write English perfectly.

I am vietnamese too. I am 35 years old and recentl got in one of 3 pharmcy schools that I have applied this year. I do not speak or write English perfectly.

I read so many people here who are 30+ years old, but when I go to interviews no one looks that old. I wonder if you guys have a secret to looking young.

I actually look older than my age because at my age I have to study much harder than other younger kids. Well, I guess English is important, but if you can communicate well enough, it will be okay to become a Pharmacist.

I actually look older than my age because at my age I have to study much harder than other younger kids. Well, I guess English is important, but if you can communicate well enough, it will be okay to become a Pharmacist.

I couldn't agree more. In person, not everyone speaks that clearly, even those that have english as their first language. Pharmacy is a great program because there are so many options. You should check out this link:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=1700928&postcount=4

You're 35?? When I bumped into at the interview, I thought you were somewhere around 22 or 23.

Since I am not publishing a thesis nor is my posts being graded, I don't have to do anything to make my post more comprehensible. Either way, if you cannot comprehend what I wrote, then you obviously have some kind of reading disability because you are the only one who pointed it out.

Either way, I don't give a crap about your opinion, you are not a professor, nor are you in any position of authority to tell me what to do, and last time I checked, I'm not the one waiting on the wrong side of the line waiting to get into pharmacy school.

If you really want to critique my posts word for word, and if you are really anal about the proper use of sentence structures and word tenses, you should consider becoming a English teacher.

Btw, there wasn't anything constructive about your post, it only showed the world that you have one big ol' stick stuck up your a-hole.

I hope you have fun tonight analyzing my sentences, I made a whole bunch of mistakes just for you.

Nah, 5minutes is 23 years old. That is his actual age. My actual age is almost 28 but if you saw me, you would definitely think I am 21.

:laugh:

Nah, 5minutes is 23 years old. That is his actual age. My actual age is almost 28 but if you saw me, you would definitely think I am 21.

:laugh:

Ah, 5minutes!!! (shaking my heads) Yea, he doesn't look old at all! I'm 22, but I look like I'm 16.

Asian people age very well. There are women in my class that are approaching 30 and look like they are 21 or younger. They must drink some magical potion or the artificial lighting or something.:p

Again. This isn't about anyone other than the OP and not about any other topic than the question at hand.

Yes you can have multiple interviews and not get in. As mentioned many of the reasons associated with it tend to be with the interview itself. Having recently interviewed there were a few people who, even with excellent GPAs didn't interview well and probably will not be at USC in the fall.

I listed some of the issues I personally encountered in the USC c/o 2013 thread.

unfortunately spell check does not check for content

Obiously you are an idiot too. You made my point in that first sentence of yours. THANKS! Notice how you understood me. My point was about these posts that people use atrocious grammar. How are people supposed to respond to their questions/statements if they can't understand them? Implying that they need to use spell check to find out if their sentences make sense is definitely not rude.

Prick? Wow, you got to use a word that didn't get censored. Aren't you cool.

How did I backpedal??? Do YOU know what that word means?

I think you two are just overly sensitive. When you write a Lab report for one of your classes and your professor tells you that you should try using spell check, are you going to cry and call him a prick too? Grow up. Pharmacy school is not for whiners.

Holy crap! Will you kids drop this already! It's an internet forum. Grow up and stop being so freaking sensitive.

yCAMrahp12 I think you are superlatively pessimistic.. Psychologist might predict that u are suicidal too. You need to work on ur outlook on life. Listen to some motivation speeches and feel gud about urself, ok. Dont worry u wud get in some where.

yCAMrahp12 I think you are superlatively pessimistic.. Psychologist might predict that u are suicidal too. You need to work on ur outlook on life. Listen to some motivation speeches and feel gud about urself, ok. Dont worry u wud get in some where.

Ha ha ha ha....you are silly!

Back to the original post, like Farmercyst said in previous posts, I think it can be possible to get multiple invites but not get accepted. If you get waitlisted for multiple schools, then there is a greater probability of getting accepted by the end of the application cycle. It all depends on your performance at the interview.

Back to the original post, like Farmercyst said in previous posts, I think it can be possible to get multiple invites but not get accepted. If you get waitlisted for multiple schools, then there is a greater probability of getting accepted by the end of the application cycle. It all depends on your performance at the interview.

but the thing is... is it at all likely going to happen? unless you have a very bad personality and social skills, but just very book smart... I think the odds should be fairly good.

Holy crap! Will you kids drop this already! It's an internet forum. Grow up and stop being so freaking sensitive.

Would you be kind to do grammar check for me? Make it perfect please:

Chủ tịch Nguyễn Minh Triết cùng lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế châu Á Thái Bình Dương ủng hộ tự do thương mại hơn nữa và hy vọng rằng cuộc khủng hoảng kinh tế thế giới sẽ kết thúc vào năm 2010.
Dưới đây là một số hình ảnh về các hoạt động của ông ở Hội nghị APEC 16 diễn ra tại Peru hai ngày qua.
Đây là nội dung tuyên bố chung của lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế tham gia hội nghị Hợp tác Kinh tế châu Á - Thái Bình Dương (APEC) đang diễn ra tại Peru. Giới lãnh đạo APEC cho rằng chủ nghĩa bảo hộ chỉ làm tình hình kinh tế hiện tại thêm trầm trọng.
Có một nguy cơ rằng nhiều nền kinh tế sẽ kêu gọi các biện pháp bảo hộ do tăng trưởng kinh tế thấp. Tuy nhiên, điều đó chỉ khiến khủng hoảng hiện tại gia tăng", tuyên bố chung chỉ rõ.
APEC cũng ủng hộ tuyên bố tại hội nghị thượng đỉnh gồm 20 quốc gia giàu có và một số nước đang phát triển tuần trước. "Chúng tôi ủng hộ Tuyên bố Washington và sẽ không nâng các rào cản trong đầu tư, thương mại hoặc dịch vụ trong vòng 12 tháng tới", tuyên bố cho hay.
Lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế cũng phát biểu về nguy cơ của việc nâng hàng rào thương mại. "Nhiều công ty sẽ phá sản, vô số công việc sẽ bị mất đi trong khi các quốc gia nhỏ và nghèo sẽ bị ảnh hưởng nhiều nhất", Tổng thống Hàn Quốc Lee Myung-bak phát biểu.
Trong khi đó, Tổng thống Mỹ George Bush yêu cầu các nền kinh tế APEC - vốn đóng góp một nửa hoạt động kinh tế toàn cầu - dựa vào hoạt động thị trường tự do để giải quyết khủng hoảng kinh tế. Đây là chuyến công du nước ngoài cuối cùng của ông với tư cách tổng thống Mỹ.
Các lãnh đạo APEC còn cho biết họ sẽ tiếp tục thúc đẩy nhằm̉ đạt thỏa thuận về vòng đàm phán Doha về tự.

Would you be kind to do grammar check for me? Make it perfect please:

Chủ tịch Nguyễn Minh Triết cùng lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế châu Á Thái Bình Dương ủng hộ tự do thương mại hơn nữa và hy vọng rằng cuộc khủng hoảng kinh tế thế giới sẽ kết thúc vào năm 2010.
Dưới đây là một số hình ảnh về các hoạt động của ông ở Hội nghị APEC 16 diễn ra tại Peru hai ngày qua.
Đây là nội dung tuyên bố chung của lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế tham gia hội nghị Hợp tác Kinh tế châu Á - Thái Bình Dương (APEC) đang diễn ra tại Peru. Giới lãnh đạo APEC cho rằng chủ nghĩa bảo hộ chỉ làm tình hình kinh tế hiện tại thêm trầm trọng.
Có một nguy cơ rằng nhiều nền kinh tế sẽ kêu gọi các biện pháp bảo hộ do tăng trưởng kinh tế thấp. Tuy nhiên, điều đó chỉ khiến khủng hoảng hiện tại gia tăng", tuyên bố chung chỉ rõ.
APEC cũng ủng hộ tuyên bố tại hội nghị thượng đỉnh gồm 20 quốc gia giàu có và một số nước đang phát triển tuần trước. "Chúng tôi ủng hộ Tuyên bố Washington và sẽ không nâng các rào cản trong đầu tư, thương mại hoặc dịch vụ trong vòng 12 tháng tới", tuyên bố cho hay.
Lãnh đạo các nền kinh tế cũng phát biểu về nguy cơ của việc nâng hàng rào thương mại. "Nhiều công ty sẽ phá sản, vô số công việc sẽ bị mất đi trong khi các quốc gia nhỏ và nghèo sẽ bị ảnh hưởng nhiều nhất", Tổng thống Hàn Quốc Lee Myung-bak phát biểu.
Trong khi đó, Tổng thống Mỹ George Bush yêu cầu các nền kinh tế APEC - vốn đóng góp một nửa hoạt động kinh tế toàn cầu - dựa vào hoạt động thị trường tự do để giải quyết khủng hoảng kinh tế. Đây là chuyến công du nước ngoài cuối cùng của ông với tư cách tổng thống Mỹ.
Các lãnh đạo APEC còn cho biết họ sẽ tiếp tục thúc đẩy nhằm̉ đạt thỏa thuận về vòng đàm phán Doha về tự.

Are you really accepted to pharmacy school? Because I looked through your old posts and you lie a LOT! From one post to the next, you change your story. First you applied to 5 schools, then it was 3. You said you got accepted into 4 then all of a suddent it's 1, but then it's 3. You dont have a gf, but then you say you are going to paris with your gf. You have a high gpa, but then you say you have a 2.89. You are 35 but then you say you are 22 in another post.

I dont see how this board can take you seriously when you lie from one post to the next. And jesus, I was trying to help the OP because their sentence structure was hard to understand and I see that on the board often. My point about that was if someone wants to ask questions, how can we help if we cant understand the idea they are trying to get across. I was in no way trying to be mean. If you are upset by that then you are clearly too sensitive. Have a good day.

Are you really accepted to pharmacy school? Because I looked through your old posts and you lie a LOT! From one post to the next, you change your story. First you applied to 5 schools, then it was 3. You said you got accepted into 4 then all of a suddent it's 1, but then it's 3. You dont have a gf, but then you say you are going to paris with your gf. You have a high gpa, but then you say you have a 2.89. You are 35 but then you say you are 22 in another post.

I dont see how this board can take you seriously when you lie from one post to the next. And jesus, I was trying to help the OP because their sentence structure was hard to understand and I see that on the board often. My point about that was if someone wants to ask questions, how can we help if we cant understand the idea they are trying to get across. I was in no way trying to be mean. If you are upset by that then you are clearly too sensitive. Have a good day.

:laugh: I think you are the one who is too sensitive, not me. You do not have a sense of humor at all. In my opinion, who cares if I get in or not, who cares If I have a gf or not, who cares if I applied 3 or 5 schools, who cares about how old I am???? All they care is about themselves.

I have a question, do you care for me?

:laugh: I think you are the one who is too sensitive, not me. You do not have a sense of humor at all. In my opinion, who cares if I get in or not, who cares If I have a gf or not, who cares if I applied 3 or 5 schools, who cares about how old I am???? All they care is about themselves.

Hmm... lets have a vote... what do you look for in a pharmacist?:

Someone who is sensitive, cares about others, attention to detail.
OR
Someone who lies, selfish, and jokes around about something that most people don't find funny.

Not saying you shouldn't be who you are, but don't assume everyone is like you or gets your jokes and then make fun of them for not being like you. This forum is starting to lack humility and too many people trying to win arguments or stroke their ego.

Last edited:

The language barrier is clearly getting the best of this discussion. Does he care for you? Consider dropping it.

this is why i don't go on this forum often anymore...

Holy crap! Will you kids drop this already!It's an internet forum. Grow up and stop being so freaking sensitive. Obiously you are an idiot too. You made my point in that first sentence of yours.Are you pretending to be stupid or are you really just stupid? I would let this go if you were pretending to be stupid, but seeing as how I know you actually are, I have decided to respond to your post.
Just took a few sentences that he said.

Pannties eh? Are those anything like panties?

I can play this game as long as you would like. Or you can look at the facts. I was pointing out how this person should run "spell check" for errors so their posts make sense. I understand if there are a few spelling errors, but "spell check" also finds grammatical errors. I think the 2nd post I quoted could use either a period or "maybe" a semicolon before your last thought.

Speling errors are one thing, but fragmented and incomprehensible sentence structures are the basis of my suggesting they proofread/spell check their posts.

What is Speling?
Seriously, what is speling? It does not make sense to me.

Back on topic...

I'd say that if you had more than 3 or 4 interviews and didn't get in, go to your school's career center and do some mock interviews to practice your interview skills. They'll be able to give you some constructive criticism and tell you what you can do to improve.

Hmm... lets have a vote... what do you look for in a pharmacist?:

Someone who is sensitive, cares about others, attention to detail.
OR
Someone who lies, selfish, and jokes around about something that most people don't find funny.

Not saying you shouldn't be who you are, but don't assume everyone is like you or gets your jokes and then make fun of them for not being like you. This forum is starting to lack humility and too many people trying to win arguments or stroke their ego.

You should say those for your interviewers. I think they will understand and let you in.

Either do you assume me like what you said. You are trying to tell who I am, and also assume what I think. Do you think it is another type of assuming?

Either do you assume me like what you said. You are trying to tell who I am, and also assume what I think. Do you think it is another type of assuming?

Stop trying to antagonize. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't possibly argue with your incoherent babble. For the third or fourth time, lets keep this on topic.

As others have said, if after 4 or 5 interviews you still havn't recieved an acceptance, you seriously need to reconsider your interpersonal communication abilities. Mrblah hit the nail on the head above.

And with that being said, this thread should disappear into the abyss. The original question is a no brainer, so lets write this one off as done.

Stop trying to antagonize. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't possibly argue with your incoherent babble. For the third or fourth time, lets keep this on topic.

As others have said, if after 4 or 5 interviews you still havn't recieved an acceptance, you seriously need to reconsider your interpersonal communication abilities. Mrblah hit the nail on the head above.

"Stop trying"... I did not try anything.