Mapleson circuits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted697535

Are these used much in North America, or for t/f to recovery is everything AMBU or something else? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Jackon Rees aka Mapleson F are widely used especially in pediatrics.

Reactions: 1 user
At my shop, when people ask for "Mapelsons" they get the Jackson Rees like mmag alludes to.

Mapleson F Jackson Rees Circuits | Armstrong Medical

1605~3_jackson_rees_472_295_c1.jpg

This isn't exactly it but it's close - you can adjust CPAP/PEEP easily and the bag has a very similar tactile feel to the one on your anesthesia machine circuit. I'm pretty sure they require a fairly high (>8 lpm) fresh gas flow to inflate, though. I've been told these are somewhat pricey, though, and we should consider using AMBU self-inflating bags (no fresh gas flow needed!) for transporting intubated patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool. Good to know. I hate ambus I must admit. Awful feel from the bag (most don't have adj peep) and I usually Chuck it in the bin when I'm stuck and bang on my C or F circuit which saves the day

Jackon Rees aka Mapleson F are widely used especially in pediatrics.

Mapelson D is used in our peds population. I assume most residents think it is an F (since they are so used to Jackson-Reese and they look very similar) but it is a good pimp question to have them figure out why it isn't a Jackson-Reese.