March 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SandManxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the big deal with march 15?

Members don't see this ad.

SailCrazy said:
Closing in on green beer, of course! :D

what a great holiday!

Members don't see this ad :)
that is the day i interview at the university of south carolina ;) so that is MY big deal with march 15....other that that i have no idea! :laugh:

SandManxx said:

I believe that by March 15th every medical school must have sent out enough acceptance letters to fill up their class.

carrie said:
I believe that by March 15th every medical school must have sent out enough acceptance letters to fill up their class.

I believe this is also the deadline for notifying schools if you plan to matriculate or not, so I assume there will be a lot of waitlist movement

Zoom-Zoom said:
I believe this is also the deadline for notifying schools if you plan to matriculate or not, so I assume there will be a lot of waitlist movement

i think you mean may 15th. that's still awhile's away :(

kirexhana said:
i think you mean may 15th. that's still awhile's away :(

Oh yeah, drrrr :p

SandManxx said:
Meaningful day for mighty Caesar, I suppose...

It's residency match day for students finishing up their final year of med school.

carrie said:

for real? but why won't yale notify until March 28???

So does that mean an adcom meeting on that day to decide your fate will likely only have waitlists to hand out?

Re: Yale - maybe they just have to know their full class selectees? (100% SPECULATION)

ooops... please ignore this post

I thought it was when your acceptances become viewable to all schools that have accepted you.