Texas Waitlist - May 15

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enigma2196

Reaction score
I had 4 interviews (2 MD, 1 DO in Texas and 1 MD in OOS) and waitlisted in all of them. I did not match to any college in TMDSAS, but got an acceptance offer yesterday for the DO school. I am unable to understand May 15 date despite researching a lot. If I accept the DO school, will it automatically take me out of my Texas MD schools after May 15? If so, is there anything I can do to call the remaining two Texas colleges to see if they can decide by 15th May? On some forums, I saw that people get off the waitlist even in June and July. Is this only for people who don't have any acceptances? TMDSAS documentation talks about match day acceptance, but not about accepted out of waitlist after April 30th.

I guess, I have to accept the only school offered me now. Just wanted to understand the rules. I am happy with the acceptance considering that I had none until yesterday.

I will be grateful if someone offers a good answer and also all suggestions are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

@wysdoc is the resident expert on all things Texas, so hopefully she will confirm. Does the DO school participate in TMDSAS?

If so, then no other TMDSAS school will offer you an acceptance after 5/15, but you can stay on your OOS WL and see what happens there.

Also, sure, definitely reach out to the other TX schools to see if you can shake anything loose. At this point you have nothing to lose with them. Congratulations on your A!!!

I had 4 interviews (2 MD, 1 DO in Texas and 1 MD in OOS) and waitlisted in all of them. I did not match to any college in TMDSAS, but got an acceptance offer yesterday for the DO school. I am unable to understand May 15 date despite researching a lot. If I accept the DO school, will it automatically take me out of my Texas MD schools after May 15? If so, is there anything I can do to call the remaining two Texas colleges to see if they can decide by 15th May? On some forums, I saw that people get off the waitlist even in June and July. Is this only for people who don't have any acceptances? TMDSAS documentation talks about match day acceptance, but not about accepted out of waitlist after April 30th.

I guess, I have to accept the only school offered me now. Just wanted to understand the rules. I am happy with the acceptance considering that I had none until yesterday.

I will be grateful if someone offers a good answer and also all suggestions are welcome.
@enigma2196
If you have not written an email to the 2 Texas MD schools where you are on the WL, saying why you are a good fit and what you will add to their class, do that now.

2 of the Texas DO schools use the TMDSAS application system - SHSU and TCOM.
If one of those is the school that accepted you, you can not get any more WL offers from TMDSAS schools after May 15th.

If you were accepted by UIWSOM (AACOMAS app system) then you can stay on the TX MD waitlists forever.

Please DO NOT ASK the Texas MD schools if they could hurry up and decide about you before May 15th. :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for reply. Got the DO admission from SHSU. I guess, I will only have until 15th May to get off from other Texas waitlists.
Should I wait till 15th May to accept? Is it binding if I accept now? I mean, if I accept it today, and I get another acceptance from other college, I can still go to second college, right?

@KnightDoc You mentioned `Pease DO NOT ASK` the Texas MD schools for decision before May 15. Just wondering what is the reason behind that comment.

Thanks for reply. Got the DO admission from SHSU. I guess, I will only have until 15th May to get off from other Texas waitlists.
Should I wait till 15th May to accept? Is it binding if I accept now? I mean, if I accept it today, and I get another acceptance from other college, I can still go to second college, right?

@KnightDoc You mentioned `Pease DO NOT ASK` the Texas MD schools for decision before May 15. Just wondering what is the reason behind that comment.
I am the one who said please do not ask the schools to hurry up and decide. It would be rude and presumptuous and would not get you the desired result.
Would you attend SHSU if it's the only offer you get? If so, accept.
If you get another offer before May 15 you can take it and turn down SHSU. Chances of more than one WL offer this late are small.

Do you want MD and only MD? Then turn it down and do all this over again for another year, but don't apply to DO schools next time.

Reactions: 1 user