1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Markers

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Greensalad, May 3, 2007.

1. Greensalad

[​IMG]
    Could you guys tell me which of these is the size of their markers?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gym.addict

gym.addict ain't nuttin but a peanut

Pre-Dental
    I'd also be interested in knowing this :D

4. digitaldentist

digitaldentist New Member

Pre-Dental
    The skinnier pens were used, and by the way, they do dry up quick (one of mine dried out, good thing I had two), and should be capped when not in use.
    Get used to writing big, and maybe using your finger to erase, instead of cross canceling.

5. Doogie Howser

Doogie Howser practicing since age 12

what i would do is go to staples or office max and buy an 8 1/2 x 11 dry erase board but get BIGGER markers so you have less room and do your practice problems on those. (btw, the marker i got in the test was the smallest ones)

you learn to be much more space efficient because it makes it seem like you have less space. also, i wouldn't worry about running out of room or anything, because i got 3 sheets (front and back) for a total of 6 sides and i have heard of people getting more.

people really need to stop complaining about this dry erase thing, its really not that bad.

6. dentstd

dentstd Fena Gonzales

Dental Student
    Someone should write on the computer screens just to piss off Thomson Prometric.

7. andyjl

Pre-Dental
    do they happen to make dry erase markers that aren't felt tip but rather more like metal tipped (so that they're more like pens )?

8. Greensalad

write all the equations on the screen so it doesn't take up your board space.

9. dentstd

dentstd Fena Gonzales

Dental Student
    ...I didn't have enough space on my board and I was in a rush, so I HAD to write on the table! (now imagine the look on the proctor's face and how pissed off he is)

10. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night

Pre-Dental
    That's why they provide dry erase markers. More easy to wipe off than permanent markers. heh.