Market saturation in Socal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the job market like in Southern California? Is it difficult to find a retail position in the area?

Members don't see this ad.

Orange County and San Diego....yes it's pretty saturated, goodluck finding a job that doesn't involve floating there.

Los Angeles on the other hand....fun times there, take your pick :) Especially in south central, East LA, and south bay. I hope you have pepper spray.

I was always under the impression that SD actually had a lack of pharmacists too

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I kind of figured that it is difficult to find positions in those counties because of the many schools we have in California. How about VEntura County/Santa Barbara County? How can I get in touch with a recruiter in this area to find out about positions?

Yea Id like to know about market saturation in these areas too...

Maybe some retail chains are more saturated than others in general?

In Orange County area: It is very hard to find a full-time job now. Most likely, you'll end up being floated and won't have enough hours (<40 hrs/week). Hospital-wise, it is even harder. You barely see an open at a hospital; even if there is, they already have people within to let their friends/cousins, etc... in already. I don't know about other areas; but most of my friends who just grad this year have to go to Riverside county or San Bernadino....

In Orange County area: It is very hard to find a full-time job now. Most likely, you'll end up being floated and won't have enough hours (<40 hrs/week). Hospital-wise, it is even harder. You barely see an open at a hospital; even if there is, they already have people within to let their friends/cousins, etc... in already. I don't know about other areas; but most of my friends who just grad this year have to go to Riverside county or San Bernadino....

Really hospital-wise? I saw a mess of openings not too long ago for staff pharmacist positions at UCIMC. Guess those are closing up too.

I don't know about other areas; but most of my friends who just grad this year have to go to Riverside county or San Bernadino....

San bernardino and Riverside County SUCK...Im from there

Sad to hear that LA is saturated

San bernardino and Riverside County SUCK...Im from there

Sad to hear that LA is saturated

OH man....the 909, california's wasteland.

LA isn't saturated on the retail side, is it? Maybe the west side, but definitely nothing east of the 405 or south of the 10.