Marquette interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview with Brian Trecek, Director of admissions @ Marquette, yesterday.

All in all it was a great interview! Brian is a great guy, and he already knew all of the information about me. It appears that he memorized my entire file! He's pumped about the new buliding/clinics that opened there this year, and hopes that he can draw more qualified applicants because of the new building.

Just some information for those who applied to Marquette:
- They will be sending out three batches of acceptances (or two batches, if they fill their class with that): Dec 2., mid-January, and mid-February.

- The incoming class will be 80 students, as it has been in the past. The new dental school is made exclusively to accomodate 320 students (80 in each class).

- 40 in-state students and 40 out-of-state students will comprise the incoming class.

- Last year, Marquette had to send out 47 in-state acceptances to fill the 40 spots.

- Also last year, Marquette had to send out 125+ acceptances to fill the 40 out-of-state spots. Brian's goal is to see this number drop each year, ie., this year he hopes to send out LESS than 125 acceptances in order to fill those 40 out-of-state spots.

- AADSAS, according to Brian, has been especially slow this year. Last week they were 3 weeks behind, and he feels bad for those who haven't applied yet -- he predicts that AADSAS will fall further and further behind as the application cycle continues. He stressed the importance of applying early, especially as competition gets fiercer and AADSAS gets slower.

Those are some of the points I thought SDNers would find most interesting. If anybody is interested in other information about my interview, feel free to PM me.! Brian is an extremely qualified director of admissions, and cares greatly about the school and the students. He also tells it like it is, which is a nice attribute. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I thought Marquette does not interview applicants? Did you ask to be interviewed, or do they choose to interview certain candidates afterall?

By the way, thanks for the post-interview update.

Traditionally they have not interviewed many candidates, although they are beginning to extend more and more interview invites. The plan is to phase their admin. office into interviewing candidates.

Marquette DOES do many regional interviews at universities, and that is what I had.