Marquette, UIC, SIU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentalguy2007

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am posting this for a friend of mine. He asked me which one I would choose, and honestly, I can't pick one over the others. My friend lives in Chicago. Can somebody help me with the decision? He is torn between the 3 of them.

Marquette:
pros: new clinic, new sim lab, students seem happy, stable program, staff are nice, nice area (around the school I am talking about), not sure about clinical aspect
cons: higher price

UIC:
pros: in Chicago, closer to my friend's house, not sure about patient base here either (I know there's tons of patients, but I heard somewhere that students may have to "bribe" patients to come in for a procedure.)
cons: tuition is rising, living cost is high as well, probably add up to Marquette's cost, schedule is changing not sure if it's for the better

SIU:
pros: high board score, excellent education, good clinic exposure, least expensive
cons: too far from Chicago (That's the only thing I can think of. My friend doesn't mind living in Alton, but wants to be able to get home quickly if needs to.)

He can't make up his mind, and I can help him either.

Do I miss anything above? Maybe if you throw in a few more pros/cons for each, it will change the balance of the 3 schools.

Thanks.