Married UHS 2006 students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchris33

MSIV
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future classmates--
I was just wondering how many of you are married/will be married and/or have kids??
I will be married for three years in July and have four kids. The older two, Caterina (7) and Arianna (5), are my wife's nieces that we have acquired over three years ago. Then we have Sebastien (18 mo) and Nikolette (4 weeks).
I was just curious. Also to see if any of you have found living arrangements? As in the surrounding towns. I have been checking them out on the net. There are a lot more options in Missouri than in Kansas. Gladstone looks pretty nice from what I have seen.

Just curious. We will probably have to form a support network for our spouses. I know mine will be going crazy!!

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm not married yet, but I am in a serious relationship. We'll probably get married in about a year.

It appears that we will have a number of married classmates. I'll be very excited to talk to those of you who are married to see how it goes, what works and what doesn't, etc. I believe being married may be an advantage. You have someone there to support you, get you away from the work, help you relax, and of course, you're not out having to look for someone.

Sounds like you must have a very busy household. Will your wife be working?

A lot of my classmates are married, and a lot of others have gotten engaged since the school year started. Many have children too. I am living with my significant other, and it has proven to be completely wonderful. Some of my friends' partners are living out of state, and I would find keeping a long-distance relationship too stressful. It seems like having her around really helps me keep a balanced life with school. Our school has a pretty well developed spouse's network, called the Student Auxillary Associate (or something like that--SAA anyway). My girlfriend is a member. I suggest you check it out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
Married with 2 girls! 5 & 7.
drchris & other parents..
Is everyone asking you how you're going to manage as a parrent in med school? I am working (40+hrs/week) & taking grad and undergrad classes now, so I'm thinking just a lot more studying. Do you think it's because I'm the mom that everyone is so worried?
Also, Keep me posted on where you are looking for housing. I'm thinking we are going to rent a house, rather that try to search for a huge apartment.
What have you heard about Independence, MO?

Hey everyone!

I'm a single mom, but in a serious relationship for 5 years. My son is 12 and my boyfriend is attending Wichita State to become a physician assistant, so we are living apart for this year and next. He has two daughters, 11 & 12, who live in Panama City, FL.

So there is my life story!

I'm still trying to find housing in a good school district. My dilemma is that I have a big dog and two cats, which apartment complexes do not want to deal with. For those concerned with school districts, I've heard really good things about Park Hill & Blue Valley.

Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Eurodoc--
Yeah, alot of people do ask me that....how are you going to do it. To me, my life will not change much. I work 36+ hours a week, take call at the hospital at least a few times a month, which requires overnight stay, plus am taking other classes. So really the only difference in my life will be that I will not be working, but having the similar study schedule.
I play with my kids every chance I get, so I don't think they feel neglected. Actually a good way to make your kids fall asleep is to read to them out of Gray's Anatomy or a Phys book. Works like a charm!! :D

Anyway, I think my wife and I will handle it. She will be working, and if possible, I won't, at least at first. We had it rough for awhile, during the completion of my pre-recs, that I studied too much, etc. I told her it will only get worse.....and we are still married!!!

haven't heard much about Independence, but I am going to look into it. Sounds like a good place. Right now, distance wise, my top three choices would be Gladstoen, Independence, and Raytown MO, but who knows!!

Chris