Marrying a foreign national while an MD student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thecrimsonking

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
(Posting as a separate account to maintain anonymity)

I am currently a rising American MS2 planning on marrying a foreign national in her home country. She will remain in her home country for about a year while we wait for the spouse visa to get processed and hopefully approved.

I am wondering to what degree this will affect my financial aid and where I can go to get some more information. I've already filled out this year's FAFSA and received my 2015-2016 award statements, and I'm over 25.
 
Last edited:
it won't affect your financial aid, unless you relinquish US citizenship (then you won't be eligible for federal aid).
 
Last edited by a moderator: