Program-Specific Info / Q's Mary Baldwin Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOTDOTR/L

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just received my email telling me I was put on the wait list at Mary Baldwin - Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences for the cohort beginning in 2018. Does anyone know how many people usually come off the waitlist or how long I will have to wait to find out!? I really loved their program!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I just received my email telling me I was put on the wait list at Mary Baldwin - Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences for the cohort beginning in 2018. Does anyone know how many people usually come off the waitlist or how long I will have to wait to find out!? I really loved their program!

Hey! Just wanted to ask what you liked about their program in particular- not sure if you've visited and know more than just what their website tells us.

Hey! Just wanted to ask what you liked about their program in particular- not sure if you've visited and know more than just what their website tells us.

I did go visit for my interview. I really liked their facility and their approach to the interprofessional design. The student/teacher interactions impressed me a lot. Everyone was very friendly!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my goodness, I received my email on Friday telling me I was on their wait list as well. Needless to say, I was bummed all weekend.

Oh my goodness, I received my email on Friday telling me I was on their wait list as well. Needless to say, I was bummed all weekend.
Me too! I emailed them to try and see what position I was in and asked for feedback on my application to know where it could have been stronger and they replied saying they couldn't provide any feedback on either of those two issues! :(

Me too! I emailed them to try and see what position I was in and asked for feedback on my application to know where it could have been stronger and they replied saying they couldn't provide any feedback on either of those two issues! :(
I keep searching threads to see if I come across any info about applicants that came off their waitlist. I remember them telling us that those accepted had a few weeks to pay their deposits. And I know they still have more interviews coming up, which is what’s making me not get my hopes up. Crossing my fingers one of us hears something :) do you have any more interviews soon? Maybe that’ll be something to look forward to.

I keep searching threads to see if I come across any info about applicants that came off their waitlist. I remember them telling us that those accepted had a few weeks to pay their deposits. And I know they still have more interviews coming up, which is what’s making me not get my hopes up. Crossing my fingers one of us hears something :) do you have any more interviews soon? Maybe that’ll be something to look forward to.
Mary Baldwin was the earliest deadline I had. I'm waiting to hear back from Belmont University on if I get an interview there. But those are the only two applications I've sent in so far! More will be sent in this coming weekend though! Fingers crossed!

Mary Baldwin was the earliest deadline I had. I'm waiting to hear back from Belmont University on if I get an interview there. But those are the only two applications I've sent in so far! More will be sent in this coming weekend though! Fingers crossed!
Yay!!! That's great. I'll definitely have my fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview for Mary Baldwin in 2 weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone would mind sharing anything about their interview experience there/the types of questions asked!

I have an interview for Mary Baldwin in 2 weeks. Just wanted to see if anyone would mind sharing anything about their interview experience there/the types of questions asked!
Congrats on getting an interview! I actually wrote down the questions they asked me personally and if you’d like I can message you when I get home.

Congrats on getting an interview! I actually wrote down the questions they asked me personally and if you’d like I can message you when I get home.
Wow that would be awesome! Thanks!

Hi! I just received an email that I got an interview in November, would you be willing to share this information with me as well?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi! Would you also be willing to share those questions with me?

Hi! I also just found out that I got an interview in November at Mary Baldwin, would you mind sharing those questions or any tips you have from the interview process? Thanks!

I also have an interview in November for Mary Baldwin! Would you be willing to share questions and any tips on your interview experience there? Thanks!

Has anyone gotten an acceptance? or are they just sending out waitlist until interviews are done? I have an interview this Saturday so I am nervous seeing that people are hearing back about waitlist. Also, any interview tips would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone gotten an acceptance? or are they just sending out waitlist until interviews are done? I have an interview this Saturday so I am nervous seeing that people are hearing back about waitlist. Also, any interview tips would be greatly appreciated!
I haven't seen anyone post that they've been accepted (they may not be on this forum at all), but I know they had a round of interviews last Friday so it is possible we may see some more posts this Friday about waitlist or acceptance status. It is still early since their applications don't close until January. Try not to stress too much, focus on your interview :)

Have you been seeing people taken off the waitlist? I suspect people on the waitlist would not hear until after January

Did anyone who interviewed on 11/4 hear back yet?

Fingers crossed for hearing friday as well. I'm going crazy waiting

Me too! I just want to know already.
I know I'm going crazy too! I am constantly checking my phone to see if I missed a call or if I got any new emails. The rest of the week is going to drag on because I don't think we'll hear anything before Friday.

Just got an email that I was waitlisted.
I got that email this morning too. Has anyone actually been accepted or are they waitlisting all candidates until after all the interviews are done to make a final decision?

I got that email this morning too. Has anyone actually been accepted or are they waitlisting all candidates until after all the interviews are done to make a final decision?
I was talking to a girl that got accepted and she said she knew of two others I believe

It seems like the waitlist is going to be extensive. I did see someone post that they have been accepted though.

It seems like the waitlist is going to be extensive. I did see someone post that they have been accepted though.
Yeah I feel like the waitlist is huge, which is making me less hopeful. I feel like everyone is either getting waitlisted or accepted, that no one is denied admissions.

Yeah I feel like the waitlist is huge, which is making me less hopeful. I feel like everyone is either getting waitlisted or accepted, that no one is denied admissions.
:( My question is how are they going to "pull" from the waitlist?

They told me they would be "taking people off the waitlist throughout the admissions cycle" ... However, since they are still doing interviews and the cycle doesn't close until January I don't think they will start taking people off the waitlist 'til the spring.. :(

They told me they would be "taking people off the waitlist throughout the admissions cycle" ... However, since they are still doing interviews and the cycle doesn't close until January I don't think they will start taking people off the waitlist 'til the spring.. :(
Very true...If they take any off at all? Good thing we all have other schools right? Let's keep thinking positive about other interviews and applications :)

Very true...If they take any off at all? Good thing we all have other schools right? Let's keep thinking positive about other interviews and applications :)
I'm sure they will be taking people off the waitlist, because not everyone they accept are going to actually choose go there but may go elsewhere. As for us, I wouldn't expect to hear anything back until the spring once all of the interviews are done.

I would assume they have us all on the waitlist ranked based on academics and our interviews. I just don't think they will tell us the rankings or status of the waitlist.

I would assume they have us all on the waitlist ranked based on academics and our interviews. I just don't think they will tell us the rankings or status of the waitlist.
Yeah, they told me they could not inform me of my position on the waitlist and they couldn't even tell me where to improve or what part of my application held me back from full acceptance.

Got a call this morning that I was accepted! I hope those of you waitlisted still get to hear from them again! Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a call this morning that I was accepted! I hope those of you waitlisted still get to hear from them again! Best of luck everyone!
That's great news!! Congratulations!!!

Same for me--congratulations!! Have you gotten the email yet? :)

Yes! Got it this afternoon!

Do you plan to attend for sure? I'm still not completely decided, but I put down my deposit and everything just in case. Other than the deposit and filling out those forms, there's really nothing else we need to do, right?

Do you plan to attend for sure? I'm still not completely decided, but I put down my deposit and everything just in case. Other than the deposit and filling out those forms, there's really nothing else we need to do, right?

I put my deposit down too just in case. It's still really early in the process, but I could definitely see myself there! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple other programs though.

I got a confirmation email from Ms. Bono that submitting the deposit and forms were all that was needed at this point!

Has anyone been taken off the waitlist yet?

Hi! I have an interview coming up at Mary Baldwin-Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share these with me as well! Thank you!

Hi! I have an interview coming up at Mary Baldwin-Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share these with me as well! Thank you!
Just a heads up, I was given these questions from OTD21 and while they were helpful in preparing, I got asked different questions. It seemed like they had maybe 6 blocks of 3 or 4 questions and could pick whatever question they wanted to ask.

Reactions: 1 users
I put my deposit down too just in case. It's still really early in the process, but I could definitely see myself there! I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple other programs though.

I got a confirmation email from Ms. Bono that submitting the deposit and forms were all that was needed at this point!

Have you heard anything else from Mary Baldwin yet? I know they said we'd hear more in January, but I want to be able to start planning lol.

I haven't heard anything. I was in touch with them a while back and it seems that they won't start removing people from the waitlist until after the application deadline on January 15th.

Have you heard anything else from Mary Baldwin yet? I know they said we'd hear more in January, but I want to be able to start planning lol.

I haven't heard anything yet! Have you started looking into apartments yet?