maryland pharmacist job search advice

Started by remember
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

remember

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wondering if anyone has any advice for a newly licensed pharmD looking for a retail, hospital outpatient, or LTC job in Maryland. I check indeed, simplyhired, MPhA career center, etc. on a regular basis, and have applied to most of the major chains. Are there any resources I'm missing? I realize the market is tighter than it used to be, and this might not be a quick or easy process - any advice or leads would be appreciated. Thank you!
 
I think I'm well qualified as I just tested this market 1 month ago and am now employed. I would recommend avoiding Walmart. Their pharmacists are all applying to other chains in this area for some reason. Most of the pharmacists for Rite Aid are from overseas. No one from the states wants to work for them because we know they are a sinking ship. Costco is building a few new stores in the DC area. Try CVS is you are really desperate. CorrectRx is a mail order facility in Linthicum that is always hiring. They only pay $46/hr however. Decent benefits there such as schedule, no insurance, holidays off, work every 3rd weekend. This market is very tight and will be tighter next year with Maryland's satellite campus graduating and Notre Dames first class coming out. I found that submitting apps through those websites generated nothing. I got my position by old fashioned telephone harrassment of DM's. You may want to contact AdvocateRx. They are a staffing service well known in this area that can assist you in your hunt.