Maryland Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aDentite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email saying I'm on the wait list at Maryland! Anyone else receive the same news? Also, does anyone know how many people are put on the wait list and what the chances of acceptance are? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email saying I'm on the wait list at Maryland! Anyone else receive the same news? Also, does anyone know how many people are put on the wait list and what the chances of acceptance are? Thanks.

I just got notification that I am on the waitlist and I interviewed wayy back in November. Already put a deposit down at another school though, so oh well! Sorry, I don't know the answers to your other questions...

When did you interview? It seems like Maryland has been active with the wait list lately. I'm wondering if any acceptances have been offered recently. I was there toward the end of February.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi aDentite. When did you interview? It seems like many people are on the waitlist now. Check out the thread "Any news from Maryland", there are several others that are on the waitlist. Good luck!

Don't worry too much yet - last year I interviewed in mid-Feb, and was promptly waitlisted. I was accepted March 31st, and was told that I was "near the top of the waitlist." So if that pattern is upheld, I would expect movement around then. Also note that we were told during my interview that there were VERY few spots left, but that some people would not deposit, thus opening more spots. From my interview date 3+ people are in the class now. Bottom line, keep your heads up and blood pressure low.

Don't worry too much yet - last year I interviewed in mid-Feb, and was promptly waitlisted. I was accepted March 31st, and was told that I was "near the top of the waitlist." So if that pattern is upheld, I would expect movement around then. Also note that we were told during my interview that there were VERY few spots left, but that some people would not deposit, thus opening more spots. From my interview date 3+ people are in the class now. Bottom line, keep your heads up and blood pressure low.

Hi Maka. Were those 3+ people on your interview date all put on the waitlist and got in? Or were some of them accepted without being put on the waitlist? Thank you.

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I interviewed in late January. I took the DAT last Thursday (22/23/25) and was put on the wait list today. I guess i got the scores in just in time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a MD resident. Interviewed mid Jan, put on wait list last week.

i just dont get it. i interviewed in november. why dont they just reject me or do something, so i can go on with reapplying for next semester. im at the end of my rope. +pity+ wah wah wah

yep i interviewed oct 14th, havent heard a peep since.

i just dont get it. i interviewed in november. why dont they just reject me or do something, so i can go on with reapplying for next semester. im at the end of my rope. +pity+ wah wah wah

Judging from last year, Maryland puts TONS of people on the wait list and barely any make it off and get accepted. It seems like their polite way of rejection. They didn't send out the rejection to my best friend last cycle until August. (She interviewed in dec and got put on the wait list in april.)

Not to be pessimistic but even though I'm on the wait list, I'm gearing up to reapply, you probably should too.

Just wondering, based on last year's result, some people got WL-1 letter while others got WL. Maybe it was just coincident, but lots of people who got off the waitlist last year seem to have WL-1. Was it just simple type-o that happened only last year or someone else received WL-1 letter his year as well? BTW I received WL(no number attached). I am an instate, interviewed around mid Jan and got waitlisted a few days ago.

I'm in-state and interviewed March 3. I find it strange that if they have such an extensive waitlist going back to October and their class is already full, why bother holding interviews so late in the application cycle? There was about 15 people, most were oos but I'd say about 5-7 were in-state. What do you guys think?

yea I was waitlisted and I received the WL-1. I don't know if it means something.

UCSD6: Are you oos or instate? also when did you interview?

OOS and interviewed in january

yea I was waitlisted and I received the WL-1. I don't know if it means something.

Just double-checked and also got the WL-1....non resident and interviewed in November. But I'm withdrawing anyway so I guess I'll never know!

Just rechecked and mine was only (WL). After reading last years Maryland wait list thread I'm running on the assumption that WL-1 people are at the top of it...
Hey UCSD6, are you still gunning for Maryland? :D

YEA, still gunning for Maryland as my #1, hopefully there's room for all of us :)

YEA, still gunning for Maryland as my #1, hopefully there's room for all of us :)

Haha alright, well good luck to you. Yeah I hope a good amount of spots open up.

I interviewed with Maka last year, was waitlisted and then accepted a short time afterwards. The list does move, there are at least four people in my class who got off the list some instate some out.

Jake8, do you remember if you had WL letter or WL-1 letter?

How do you check your wait list status? (i.e. WL-1, WL, etc)

out-of-stater, interviewed in early February, W-1 waitlisted in early march, havent heard anything yet

to adentite, if you look at your original wail-list email, you will see either WL-1 or WL or what ever else they may put in parenthesis in the subject line.

Ok...I just spoke to the lady in the admission office regarding the difference between WL and WL-1. She was basically saying how they don't rank their waitlist....when I asked then why there are two different waitlists, she said to indicate when the waitlist was sent.....Is it just me or her answer sounds like the waitlist IS indeed ranked. Why would they want to know how early one waitlist is sent before another if they are truly the same? I am just hoping that It is NOT ranked!~~ I got WL~~~!!!~~~

Jake8, do you remember if you had WL letter or WL-1 letter?

Bump to give Jake8 another chance to see this :)

Also, thanks for sharing that info krnxhkwanx. I had been wondering what they would say if actually asked about that.

Honestly can't remember sorry

Withdrew today. Instate for me.. so another spot will open up soon. Sorry it took me so long.. was hoping to see if they will offer me some kind of scholarship.. my friend got his reward letter in the beginning of this month but no luck for me. Good luck guys!

Was accepted off the waitlist in June during the 2006/2007 application cycle! If Maryland is where you want to be, keep your heads up!!

Hup

Was accepted off the waitlist in June during the 2006/2007 application cycle! If Maryland is where you want to be, keep your heads up!!

Hup

Well, you've been there for a few years now. IS it where we want to be??? I would like to know if I/we should continue to hold out for it.

Thanks,

Well, you've been there for a few years now. IS it where we want to be??? I would like to know if I/we should continue to hold out for it.

Thanks,

YES, Maryland is where YOU want to be! I have received a great education. I love the faculty and most of my classmates. The place ain't perfect, but no place is....

Got my fingers crossed for you all. Best of luck..

Hup

Has anyone from the wait list gotten the nod this week?

Let's keep this thing alive... any news from anyone? I haven't heard a thiing, and nothing changes when I call.

Same here. No news yet. I am wondering if they are sending out rejection letters :confused:

Same here. No news yet. I am wondering if they are sending out rejection letters :confused:

From what I've heard from last 2-3 cycles, MD doesn't send out official rejection letters for all those in "limbo" until August.

From what I've heard from last 2-3 cycles, MD doesn't send out official rejection letters for all those in "limbo" until August.

:eek::eek::eek: But they should have the final decision made before August, no? I guess I will have to keep calling them.

:eek::eek::eek: But they should have the final decision made before August, no? I guess I will have to keep calling them.

I'm sure they'll have the decision made but they just won't be letting us know. :smuggrin:

Also, I just went back and looked at last year's treads, apperently about 5-6 people (from SDN) got off the waitlist at MD between March 31-April 2 last year. Hmmm I'm wondering why there wasn't a similar movement in the waitlist this time?

Just to keep your hopes up the last person accepted to our class last year got the call the first day of orientation.

Just to keep your hopes up the last person accepted to our class last year got the call the first day of orientation.

Wow:whoa:Do you know when he/she interviewed? He/she waitlisted or no?

I'm waiting to hear back too. And that would definitely suck to hear back the day before orientation.