Mask question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What essential liberty are you giving up by wearing a mask?

I admitted a few under 40 COVID positive patients my last few shifts. I'm sure they'll do fine. Unfortunately, they're clogging up our hospital so patients have had to board in the ED for days, including an ICU patient that boarded for nearly 5 days. We've had to turn away transfers to our tertiary care center. COVID will likely not result in direct mortality for many of these patients, but we know boarding does increase mortality, and if the little hospitals eventually find a place to transfer their patients, they'll also suffer due to delays and further choke up the system with their transfers hours and hundreds of miles away. But thanks for being a patriot and fighting the tyranny of wearing an uncomfortable piece of cloth every now and then.
I don't recall saying anything about masks, I'm not sure why you just assumed that. I said to open the economy back up for reasons detailed in my earlier post.

Members don't see this ad.

We support discussion of minority scientific opinions and important medical topics. However, the consensus of the medical community is that wearing masks is of great public health importance in combating the COVID pandemic. Allowing misinformation to spread may literally cost lives, and in this exceptional circumstance the stance of SDN is that we will not allow posts that perpetuate false claims and conspiracy theories that argue against these measures. There are plenty of places on the Internet where you can carry on this debate, but SDN is not one of them.

Accordingly, in line with our current policy, this thread is being closed.

• Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.