master of pharmacy

Started by quartel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quartel

Mitte 1 home prn
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, I looked around and didnt find any threads pertaining to this.

Apparently there is something called Master of pharmacy offered that's 2 yrs in duration and you can become a pharmacist after. How is this different from B.Sc pharm or PharmD?? Are there any drawbacks from pursuing a Masters instead of doing a B.Sc?

Ive been accepted for B.Sc pharm program but would rather graduate 2 yrs earlier and start working. If any of you have knowledge about this, please share it with me.
 
Last edited:
Are you sure this isn't a Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences? Also, I was under the impression that all the BS degrees for pharmacy practice have been discontinued.
 
From what I know is that Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) is offered in the UK and Australia instead fo BScPharm. However, in the States and Canada it's PharmD.

correct me if i'm wrong.