Master of Science in Biomedical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yo21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I was wondering if anybody knew something about the Barry University 's Master of Science in Biomedical Science in Miami, Florida.

"The 1-year Accelerated Option is especially helpful for you if you have completed pre-medical preparation as an undergraduate and want to enhance your qualifications at the graduate level prior to attempting full-time medical studies. In this option, you enroll in classes that parallel the first year of medical and dental studies. Over the past 21 years, 77% of the Option I Program graduates have gained admission to allopathic, osteopathic, dental, and podiatric schools"

What do you guys think about this program????
Any comments are welcome.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to the Masters of Biomedical Sciences at the University of South Carolina. It seems that this program is geared towards pre-Dental/Med/Vet students that were not able to gain acceptance to there perfered field. I think it is a great stepping stone to gain admittance to a professional program.

Hello everyone:

I was wondering if anybody knew something about the Barry University 's Master of Science in Biomedical Science in Miami, Florida.

"The 1-year Accelerated Option is especially helpful for you if you have completed pre-medical preparation as an undergraduate and want to enhance your qualifications at the graduate level prior to attempting full-time medical studies. In this option, you enroll in classes that parallel the first year of medical and dental studies. Over the past 21 years, 77% of the Option I Program graduates have gained admission to allopathic, osteopathic, dental, and podiatric schools"

Thank you.

When I looked into the program at Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona the acceptance rate was 100% for dental or medical schools after the second year, and 79% after only completing the first year of their program. Plus they accept the DAT or the MCAT for the entrace exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
LSU has the same program, so does UNT .... hopefully I get into one at UNT...

Hello everyone:

Thank you.

Well I'm from the area and Barry is not a good university at all. I guess Nova and UF will know that but schools up north wont.
One thing I do know is that UF adcom likes master programs + thesis

Well I'm from the area and Barry is not a good university at all. I guess Nova and UF will know that but schools up north wont.
One thing I do know is that UF adcom likes master programs + thesis

what makes it not a good university?

in FL i recommend the Biomedical Sciences MS from FAU. They offer a non-thesis option...extremely cheap tuition w/ the opportunity for reimbursement + stipend if you become a graduate assistant.

i don't have any experience with this program, but a friend of mine has nothing but great things to say about it.

jb!:)

If you are wanting to go to UF I know they like master programs with a thesis