MS in Biomedical Science from MWU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msddsmd98

Reaction score
Hello all! I was recently accepted to a Masters in Biomedical Sciences at MWU. I am applying to dental school this cycle (reapplicant) and was wondering if anybody else has been through this Masters program in their journey. If you have, drop a comment or DM me; I'd love to set up a time to get your perspective on the program. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
would you recommend this program? Was it worth enrolling into it to improve stats?
It's a really, really hard program. Probably harder than dental school to be honest. Every quarter I would have 24 exams in 10 weeks... plus quizzes and working on a Capstone project. That said, I think it helped prepare me for dental school. My first year of dental school all my classmates were stressing because of the courseload -- for me it was no problem at all since I've actually had a crazier experience the year before.

Funnily enough, I also applied to dental school while I was at MWU like you are planning on. I got a few interviews and they let me leave school for a day at a time and do my interviews. I ended up getting in to dental school in January, but the dental school staff wanted me to finish my MA program as a contingency for me starting school in the fall. So I had to finish out the MA program all the way through, which was tough like I mentioned but it's all good.

EDIT: It helped me raise my GPA and also show dental schools that I could "handle" higher level coursework. So yes I think it helped improve my stats. That said, I already had a 24 AA on my DAT, so I think that was a huge factor in helping me get in in which MWU had nothing to do with it.

It's a really, really hard program. Probably harder than dental school to be honest. Every quarter I would have 24 exams in 10 weeks... plus quizzes and working on a Capstone project. That said, I think it helped prepare me for dental school. My first year of dental school all my classmates were stressing because of the courseload -- for me it was no problem at all since I've actually had a crazier experience the year before.

Funnily enough, I also applied to dental school while I was at MWU like you are planning on. I got a few interviews and they let me leave school for a day at a time and do my interviews. I ended up getting in to dental school in January, but the dental school staff wanted me to finish my MA program as a contingency for me starting school in the fall. So I had to finish out the MA program all the way through, which was tough like I mentioned but it's all good.

EDIT: It helped me raise my GPA and also show dental schools that I could "handle" higher level coursework. So yes I think it helped improve my stats. That said, I already had a 24 AA on my DAT, so I think that was a huge factor in helping me get in in which MWU had nothing to do with it.

Thank you for your reply! The course load sounds insane and I think this is not the best program for people who want to raise their GPA for dental admission, given how difficult it is. I presume the graduating gpa is low because you mentioned it is even harder than dental school itself. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thank you for your reply! The course load sounds insane and I think this is not the best program for people who want to raise their GPA for dental admission, given how difficult it is. I presume the graduating gpa is low because you mentioned it is even harder than dental school itself. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Some people did really well -- 3.8's, 3.9's, and 4.0's were achieved. Those people were just crazy smart, way smarter than me haha. But yeah it's a tough program so if you need it to raise your GPA, you need to take it seriously. I felt that it was my last shot at dental school, so I just gave it everything I have. And now I'm a dentist so I guess it worked out!