Master Promissary Note

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osiris3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called my lender to make sure that my MPN has been recieved, but they seem to act as if they have no idea what I'mn talking about. They don't have a record of my pending loan for med school. My financial aid MUST go through smoothly (no MPN from recieved by lender + no check to the school.) I don't want to find out during orientation that I have no money.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked with the school's financial aid office? Although you can obtain the money directly from the lender, it is usually easier to have the financial aid office handle everything. They should get the MPN on which you have chosen a lender.

I have talked to the financial aid office. They told me to check with the lender to make sure it was recieved. Both sides have me going in circles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you do an online MPN? Or was it printed out and sent in? Maybe that is where the error is.

Which lender was it? If it was a bank (Wells Fargo for example) perhaps you are just speaking to the with the wrong department. Stafford loans for medical school are not always processed in the same department as Stafford loans for undergraduate or other graduate programs.

Are you using a school's preferred lender? If so, the financial aid office should know whom to contact to see that the paperwork has been received.

I believe I've tried everything...unfortunately my school has a notoriously inefficient financial aid department. I knew someone else who went and I was told that you have to be vigilant with the Fin Aid department.