Master the Boards Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarsmon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are people saying about this new Step 2 resource? Amazon rates it highly but it seems inflated because most of the ratings appear to come from former Conrad Fischer students, as though he told all his students to go on amazon and rate his book highly. Is anybody using this?

Members don't see this ad.

What are people saying about this new Step 2 resource? Amazon rates it highly but it seems inflated because most of the ratings appear to come from former Conrad Fischer students, as though he told all his students to go on amazon and rate his book highly. Is anybody using this?
There are a lot of posts about this book in this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=777468

The book is excellent, imo. That thread cited is a little misleading, because the Step 2 version of MTBs just came out, and before that people swore by the Step 3 MTBs book.

The Step 2 version places much more emphasis on "what's the most likely diagnosis?" - and is much better for the CK than the Step 3 book.

I've looked at the other books in the thread mentioned, and honestly nothing compares to MTBs. MTBs is basically 70-80% of what is covered in the videos/live lectures but in written form. It's not always explained in detail (if you want that, the red books do the job - but are MUCH longer of course). It's very high yield - I read the OB section the night before my exam, and it helped on nearly every question.

VERY good book. Must have.

The book is excellent, imo. That thread cited is a little misleading, because the Step 2 version of MTBs just came out, and before that people swore by the Step 3 MTBs book.

The Step 2 version places much more emphasis on "what's the most likely diagnosis?" - and is much better for the CK than the Step 3 book.

I've looked at the other books in the thread mentioned, and honestly nothing compares to MTBs. MTBs is basically 70-80% of what is covered in the videos/live lectures but in written form. It's not always explained in detail (if you want that, the red books do the job - but are MUCH longer of course). It's very high yield - I read the OB section the night before my exam, and it helped on nearly every question.

VERY good book. Must have.

thanks that's helpful. I'll use it and if I need more detail somewhere I can always find it in a bigger book