masters biomedical science DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parkkat07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an undergrad with a 26 mcat sgpa 3.26 I am NOT retaking my MCAT

Do you know MCAT avg of students who get accepted from this program to PCOM's DO school?

Can I get into DO schools with a 28 mcat avg if I do a 1 year masters program or are my chances still DO schools that have an average of 26 mcat?

Do you know anyone with similar stats to me and their outcome.

Your responses are appreciated thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA is fine for DO schools (this is what special master programs try to fix), your MCAT, less so. Why would you do a 1 year master and spend an extra 20-40k while you can just spend 500 bucks to prepare and kill that MCAT?

Both your GPA and MCAT are on the fence for DO.
One needs to exceed the other - GPA or MCAT

GPA - Do post-bacc or masters and ace courses
MCAT - Grind and get 504+

Are you thinking about applying to PCOM's Biomed? I am I believe, as soon, as I can send in MCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an undergrad with a 26 mcat sgpa 3.26 I am NOT retaking my MCAT

Do you know MCAT avg of students who get accepted from this program to PCOM's DO school?

Can I get into DO schools with a 28 mcat avg if I do a 1 year masters program or are my chances still DO schools that have an average of 26 mcat?

Do you know anyone with similar stats to me and their outcome.

Your responses are appreciated thank you!

Do you realize that MCAT scores expire by three years BEFORE matriculation to most DO schools, including PCOM? You're going to have to retake the MCAT regardless before matriculation, unless you took the old MCAT after August or September 2014 and you're applying this coming cycle to medical schools.

If you're planning to apply in two years, then you'll have to retake the MCAT. By taking the masters program, you're forced to retake the MCAT regardless.

Last edited:
OP is competitive for a lot of DO schools, especially the newer ones. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Both your GPA and MCAT are on the fence for DO.
One needs to exceed the other - GPA or MCAT

GPA - Do post-bacc or masters and ace courses
MCAT - Grind and get 504+

Are you thinking about applying to PCOM's Biomed? I am I believe, as soon, as I can send in MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 user