Masters in biomed to nursing?

Started by gozes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gozes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior, pre-med student this year, and i really want to do a masters in biomedical science program to give me a slight edge when applying to medical school. My only fear is that some of the programs are quite expensive with limited financial aid and i dont want to get caught in debt nightmare if getting into medical school doesnt pan out. Does anybody know if you will look competitive applying to a post-bacc nursing program with a masters in biomedical science? Is it even possible? Thx!
 
I have similar concerns...I am accepted into a masters program but if I dont get into medical school I want to try to go PA. Would it help me get into PA school??
 
Biomedical science programs are very good ways to help enter ANY health related professional programs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes...some of my classmates are going to PA this fall and my big is starting a nursing program. so it is possible, however if you work extremely hard and make the most of the program you will likely not need to think about other options beside med school!
 
I would go all in for medical school if thats what you guys want. Apply both MD and DO schools and apply very broadly. As said above, yes Biomedical masters looks good for ALL health programs, but unnecessary for PA and especially for nursing programs.

Go into the program not thinking about PA and nursing, but that medical school is the ultimate and only goal. If app cycle doesn't work out then decide if you're willing to go all in again or change career paths, but I wouldn't worry about PA and nursing if that isn't what you want.