Master's Student seeking help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UT_VOL_17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to pharmacy school for the upcoming year and need advice. I am wondering if my master's helps any. Is there anyone who applied with a master's, and did it make much difference in the applicant pool?

Members don't see this ad.

yes, I will applying to Pharmacy as a master graduate. I think the 1) GPA will factor into your accumulative GPA. 2) it boost up ur extracurricular 3) you can write about ur experience as a nontraditional applicant in your ps or talk about it during the interview.

Which school you applying to and what is your stat?

My GPA was fairly weak. Just below a 3.0 for undergraduate work before I got my master's. I made a 3.3 in my master's degree program. After working for a few years, I had to go back to school to take care of pre-pharm requirements to apply to pharmacy school, and in that it brought my undergrad coursework GPA to above a 3.0. While that sounds like an okay GPA in general, when comparatively talking about pharmacy candidates, it is pretty weak still. My PCAT was also weak. I managed to secure an interview and get accepted into the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. I would say the master's degree along with having a well-rounded application - including writing, letters of recommendation, etc. all made the difference in my acceptance.