Master's Student seeking help

Started by UT_VOL_17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UT_VOL_17

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to pharmacy school for the upcoming year and need advice. I am wondering if my master's helps any. Is there anyone who applied with a master's, and did it make much difference in the applicant pool?
 
yes, I will applying to Pharmacy as a master graduate. I think the 1) GPA will factor into your accumulative GPA. 2) it boost up ur extracurricular 3) you can write about ur experience as a nontraditional applicant in your ps or talk about it during the interview.
 
My GPA was fairly weak. Just below a 3.0 for undergraduate work before I got my master's. I made a 3.3 in my master's degree program. After working for a few years, I had to go back to school to take care of pre-pharm requirements to apply to pharmacy school, and in that it brought my undergrad coursework GPA to above a 3.0. While that sounds like an okay GPA in general, when comparatively talking about pharmacy candidates, it is pretty weak still. My PCAT was also weak. I managed to secure an interview and get accepted into the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy. I would say the master's degree along with having a well-rounded application - including writing, letters of recommendation, etc. all made the difference in my acceptance.