Match 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no oxygen

got fascism?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm the first one back home!

Matched University of Virginia!!! Charlottesville here I come! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Baylor!!!

Houston....Houston....I'm one step closer to you.

prelim: Salem, MA
advanced: BIDMC

Couldn't be happier :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
BID

Fkn winter...brrrrrrrr...... :thumbup:

UT San Antonio - my 7th choice. I'm not happy about this, but I guess I'll deal. I'm still going to be an anesthesiologist.

eagle26 said:
UT San Antonio - my 7th choice. I'm not happy about this, but I guess I'll deal. I'm still going to be an anesthesiologist.

Don't be disappointed. It's a good program with good alumni connections. While I have no desire to live in San Antonio permanently, it isn't a bad place to spend your residency in. Make the best out of the situation and don't be disappointed because you shouldn't be.

UM-KC.....not my first choice, but most definitely not my last.....I have no complaints whatsoever!

UTSouthwestern said:
Don't be disappointed. It's a good program with good alumni connections. While I have no desire to live in San Antonio permanently, it isn't a bad place to spend your residency in. Make the best out of the situation and don't be disappointed because you shouldn't be.

Thanks UT. I needed to hear that. Not my last place either, so I'll roll with the punches. :)

opa beleza? said:
BID

Fkn winter...brrrrrrrr...... :thumbup:

:laugh: I grew up in Britain so I'm used to miserable weather.

Hypnomania said:
:laugh: I grew up in Britain so I'm used to miserable weather.

Well then Cheers old chap (chappette) I'll see you for a kick ass & cold ass CA-1 - CA-3 at BI.
:D
--OPA

COLUMBIA BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

NYC here i come!! (in 2007!). A little nervous about the big city :scared: , but A LOT EXCITED! :D

Dont have to do any moving yet though. . .thankfully I have ayear to figure out this move.

Columbia Anesthesiology, you will NOT be disappointed! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
opa beleza? said:
Well then Cheers old chap (chappette) I'll see you for a kick ass & cold ass CA-1 - CA-3 at BI.
:D
--OPA

It's gonna be great

Sinai / North Shore prelim :)

This website has been a great resource from my pre-med days up until now. Thanks guys and good luck to all!

Matched:

BIDMC for anesthesia
St. Elizabeth's for prelim medicine

Super happy. :D

Hypno and opa - I guess I'll see you at the BI!

matched at my #1 !

yipeeeeeeeeeeeee

congrats boys and girls!

My top choice-------UIC------Yeah, I'm stoked

Congrats to all

Let the month long fiesta begin!!!

Matched at my #1:

U Penn categorical.

Too excited to speak. Thanks everybody for the support, answers, and stimulating discussion.

Congrats to all the newly matched!!

Anesthesia--SUNY downstate
Prelim-St.Vincent,Ma
Would have loved Sinai for gas but definitely happy. I can't believe my next 4 years are set out for me. The next stage of our careers is about to begin. I will be an anesthesiologist...unbelievable. Next challenge, pass my last 3 rotations while doing as little work as humanly possible. Go ahead dr, pimp me , see if I give a rats asz,I'm locked and loaded Wish I had tommorow morning off.

St. Barnabas.....

Congratulations to everyone

WVU :D

could not be happier how things worked out. my #3 on the list, but those top 3 were all "#1" for different reasons. near family, great facilities, and probably the interview day where i most genuinely enjoyed my conversations with faculty.

congratulations everyone!

if anyone else in the Pittsburgh area matched at WVU drop me a PM and we shall begin the bonding process. and by bonding i mean "drinking beer".

My top choice.......W.Penn.....excellent!

Woohoooo!!!! Here I come!!!!!! :cool:

Congrats. to all those who matched, and to those who didn't, NEVER give up!!! :thumbup:

vegas said:
Congrats. to all those who matched, and to those who didn't NEVER give up!!! :thumbup:

i've never not used the double-negative. i'd never say i didn't love it!

BIDMC baby!! congrats to those who matched, and those at the BI, i'll be seeing you in 2007!

Transitional: Sound Shore Medical Center
Anesthesia: Yale (!)

sooo happy right now!!! Congratulations to everyone!

sp317 said:
Transitional: Sound Shore Medical Center
Anesthesia: Yale (!)

sooo happy right now!!! Congratulations to everyone!

#2 CCF-categorical. Glad it's all over!

Congrats to everyone!

Anesthesia: JHU

Preliminary: Univ. of Oklahoma

anes- UNC (freakin' awesome!)
prelim- Scott and White (home)

Pooh & Annie said:
Transitional year: Tucson
Anesthesiology: Virginia Mason, baby!

VM all the way

GOT MY #1, WOOHOOOO, Texas A&M Scott & White!! Congrats everyone!

Don8455 said:
Looks like I'm a Yale man!

TY - Grand Rapids, Michigan

Special thanks to Supahfresh and CaligirlDO for all of their help!

Awesome Don! Hope we don't let you down.

I'm headed home!!!! If the other 3 Mainiacs from the entering class of 2006 see this give me a shout!

#1 -- Penn State :clap:

Just kidding. Air Force Anesthesia in San Antonio.

Idiopathic said:
Congratulations all, especially Dre and Chica - Im sure Ill read about you guys in the paper.

I matched Vanderbilt, my #1.

Well done.

Got my #1-Oklahoma

So relieved..... :)

crazyjoedavola said:
Well done.

Much appreciated. Kudos to you as well (although Im sure it goes without saying).

BTW, osteopaths represent! Our school had anesthesia matches at (so far) Oklahoma, Kansas (2), JHU, Vandy and WashU. Nice

Idiopathic said:
Much appreciated. Kudos to you as well (although Im sure it goes without saying).

BTW, osteopaths represent! Our school had anesthesia matches at (so far) Oklahoma, Kansas (2), JHU, Vandy and WashU. Nice

Idio.. I know that your app was ridiculously strong, but how strong were your classmates who matched?

Wow,

I matched at my #8 choice. UT-Houston. I'm pissed. Not so much that the program is bad but I hate living in Houston. Anybody wanna trade?

avanb803 said:
Idio.. I know that your app was ridiculously strong, but how strong were your classmates who matched?

By the looks of their matches, I'd say pretty strong.

avanb803 said:

i personally think they are strong candidates, good people and will make excellent docs

with that said, i dont know anyone's numbers.