Match 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My school had an extraordinary number of applicants this year -- 17 (+-1 or 2).

4 Columbia
4 Brigham
1 MGH
1 UCSF
1 Stanford
1 UCLA

from what I can remember of the list...

Members don't see this ad.

U OF C
Chi town here I come
my number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Idiopathic said:
Congratulations all, especially Dre and Chica - Im sure Ill read about you guys in the paper.

I matched Vanderbilt, my #1.

Good form Idio

Members don't see this ad :)
Idiopathic said:
Much appreciated. Kudos to you as well (although Im sure it goes without saying).

BTW, osteopaths represent! Our school had anesthesia matches at (so far) Oklahoma, Kansas (2), JHU, Vandy and WashU. Nice

Is there a link to find out who matched, or did they contact you? Can PM if need be.

Thanks to everyone.

I matched at Ochsner (categorical) my number 1. My wife cried, she was so happy that we did not have to leave the Big Easy.

They took 4 students from LSU-NO. We had a good year..4 at Ochsner, 1 at Tulane, 1 at Brigham Womens, 1 at Wake Forest, 1 at Vandy, and 1 at St. Luke's Roosevelt.
Cubs

PS. Congrats Idio and WCostel and Sugar72 and everyone else

Another D.O who matched.

Einstein/Montefiore

My stock slipped hard in the draft. MAtched at my 9th.

Still smiling though.

This goes to show that ranking 8 would not have been enough. Im glad i had 13 on my list. The pain of flying from the west coast to all of my interviews out in the East/Midwest was worth enduring.
I can now mentally check out of my remaining rotations. Boy does that feel good. I encourage all 4th year students who mathced to aggressively taper there work hours for these last couple of months.
Take it easy

Matched my #1: UAB. Thought it was going to be a little tough because I was in a couples match but it worked out just fine.

As far as my school, we had 23 or so match into Anesthesiology. Everywhere from the smaller programs to the biggest names out there. It was a great year for us.

Congrats everyone on your matches!!!!!

congrats to everyone that matched......finally all those yrs of torture are rewarded.......have fun these next few days........

;)

for those who didnt match keep your head up.....good thing about this field is you have some time (during internship yr) to reapply for a ca1 2007 spot or 2008 ca1 spot........

jay

congrats to all ! happy to see you all so relieved ! good job!

Members don't see this ad :)
burntcrispy said:
Matched my #1: UAB. Thought it was going to be a little tough because I was in a couples match but it worked out just fine.

As far as my school, we had 23 or so match into Anesthesiology. Everywhere from the smaller programs to the biggest names out there. It was a great year for us.

Congrats everyone on your matches!!!!!
Will see you in a year! Congratulations!

Matched at my #1 and my home institution - Medical College of Georgia!!! I'm on cloud nine - I've smiled so much today my face hurts!

Now I don't have to lose anymore sleep over that UK thing - my #2!!!

yankeeh8r said:
Columbia sent a second to Stanford in as many years? Not bad. That is a great list.

Is there a rivalry between columbia and stanford or something?

U Pitt my #1!!!! and West Penn Transitional. Couldn't be happier!!!

cubs3canes said:
Thanks to everyone.

I matched at Ochsner (categorical) my number 1. My wife cried, she was so happy that we did not have to leave the Big Easy.

They took 4 students from LSU-NO. We had a good year..4 at Ochsner, 1 at Tulane, 1 at Brigham Womens, 1 at Wake Forest, 1 at Vandy, and 1 at St. Luke's Roosevelt.
Cubs

PS. Congrats Idio and WCostel and Sugar72 and everyone else

Congratulations Cubs. My husband had a temper tantrum when I told him I was staying in Tucson for a year and then going to Birmingham. I am going to have to start sending him to time out - he is a bad influence on my 2 year old!

D.O. from Lecom, going to SUNY Upstate, my #1!!!! So happy!!

Congratulations to everyone!!! It's good to see so many happy responses in the thread...
I matched Brigham & Women's......I'm excited about the program and the city :) ...not so thrilled about the cold weather :rolleyes: .

Gasbone said:
Congratulations to everyone!!! It's good to see so many happy responses in the thread...
I matched Brigham & Women's......I'm excited about the program and the city :) ...not so thrilled about the cold weather :rolleyes: .

You'll be pleased to know that you'll be joined by 4 P&S'ers at the Brigham -- including one Winningest-Female-Olympian-in-US-History and one of the best all-around guys personality-wise in our class.

My #1, brand new program and excited to be part of it.

Congratulations to all of you. I'm happy to see so many of you are going to join us. Welcome and good luck!

we started drinking at 830am this morning and just got home now and holy hell what a day today was. pretty surreal. i've never seen all my classmates in such deep states of inebriation, altogether in one place before...

matched at my #1, NYU. going to montefiore for prelim.. not my first, but couldn't be happier to be going to NYC!

big ups to everyone who matched!

UMich, #1.

My school also had some nice anesthesia matches:
Michigan
Mayo-Rochester
WashU
UNC (2)

Matched my #1-

U of Az- Anesthesia
U of Az- Prelim Medicine

See you there, RW!

At #1: CWRU/UHHS

Anyone else headed that way next year?

:)

oK guys,

NYU Anesthesiology
Prelim Surgery @ Beth Israel Medical Center, NY

I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so....scared!

I matched at University at Buffalo. Congradulations everyone. Job well done! Any one else from this site heading that way?

Congrats and well done to everyone who matched this year. For those who didn't, this is not the end and anesthesia may still be in your realm of possibilities. Good luck :luck: :luck: :rolleyes:

I will be living the dream at my #1... couldnt be happier!

Already know 2 others that I'm gonna be with. All i can say is damn, its gonna be a strong friggin class with some awesome personalities. Can't wait!

I dont even know what transpired over the last 24 hrs anymore... the liver took a beating for sure...dude, where the f is my wallet..

cutdacheese said:
I will be living the dream at my #1... couldnt be happier!

Already know 2 others that I'm gonna be with. All i can say is damn, its gonna be a strong friggin class with some awesome personalities. Can't wait!

I dont even know what transpired over the last 24 hrs anymore... the liver took a beating for sure...dude, where the f is my wallet..

C U there!

Matched to Virginia Commonwealth and excited about it!

Matched at Duke, my #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely thrilled. Congrats to all!

Beck928 said:
Matched my #1-

U of Az- Anesthesia
U of Az- Prelim Medicine

See you there, RW!

You will see my sleep deprived soulless eyes wandering the halls of the U during my surgery prelim year there!

Sugar72 said:
You will see my sleep deprived soulless eyes wandering the halls of the U during my surgery prelim year there!

You will be co-intern with my husband- he's crazy though, he's doing surgery for 5 years! Congrats!

Matched at my #1, Mayo - Rochester. I am very fortunate and extremely excited!

Congrats to everyone that matched high on their list, and my sympathies to those that didn’t match or matched low on their list. It was a crazy match year that was unfair to a lot of people.

Signing off... for now...

I matched at my #1 spots:
Austin, TX - Prelim-med
Boston, MA - Mass General

I'm thrilled and am pretty much living the dream!!! So excited for everyone who matched and are heading to places they love!! Thank goodness this week is over...my body doesn't recover as fast as it used to!

Given the increased competitive of gas nowadays, do you folks think it will be a while before the pendulum swings the other way?
I was told by a surgery attending yesterday that Anesthesia goes thru these cycles all the time but the problem is that it never sustains a steady level of competitiveness like the truly competitive specialties.

Anyone thinks it may be different this time?

So excited to be going exactly where i wanted -- Brigham and Women's, #1 choice. Cushy transitional year in my current city of residence, Ann Arbor MI. Anyhow, can't wait to meet all of you who are also headed to chilly, awesome beantown. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. Its gonna be good times.

aggiegrl said:
I matched at my #1 spots:
Austin, TX - Prelim-med
Boston, MA - Mass General

I'm thrilled and am pretty much living the dream!!! So excited for everyone who matched and are heading to places they love!! Thank goodness this week is over...my body doesn't recover as fast as it used to!

An Aggie in Austin? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!