Match 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's probably why you're a CPA and not a CFA. I guess reasonable minds can disagree.

Agreed and it's also why I'm not a realtor... I deal more in reality and leave the speculating to others :D.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed and it's also why I'm not a realtor... I deal more in reality and leave the speculating to others :D.

guys, I think a lot of this depends on the p/e ratio in that market.....and they can vary A LOT from market to market.

If you want to talk real-estate, I suggest the Finance and Investment forum.

Congrats to everyone who matched and sympathies to those who didn't this time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
OU-OKC for me. I'm the new non-OU intern. :)

Matched at my #7 at UCLA-SFV. Some mixed feelings, but happy to be going home. Sophie, congrats. Take care of that place!

Thanks, I'll definitely try. :) Congrats on UCLA-SFV - that should be fun, too. I checked with multiple residents during my interview day regarding living near the beach, and they said it would still be a fine commute (don't know if that's your thing). I also really like how their schedule is set up, with an emphasis on outpatient psych early. Plus, everyone seemed really nice.

I matched to my #5 choice. Very happy!!
I won't say where as that would give away my ID.
Did want other DO students to know I matched!
My advice is apply early, have step 1, 2ck, and cs done by timeof app. Got 17 interviews, went to 15 and ranked 15. Several of my interviewer mentioned it was good that I had finished the boards. Probably doesn't matter for us allo students but I think it helped me.

I matched to my #5 choice. Very happy!!
I won't say where as that would give away my ID.
Did want other DO students to know I matched!
My advice is apply early, have step 1, 2ck, and cs done by timeof app. Got 17 interviews, went to 15 and ranked 15. Several of my interviewer mentioned it was good that I had finished the boards. Probably doesn't matter for us allo students but I think it helped me.

Completely disagree with the message in your post. Being an American grad (and an American) gives you a huge step up on other applicants, for starters. Then, it's about the quality of your application. Psychiatry is not a competitive field, and, while I am happy you are satisfied with your match, you send the message to DO students that landing your number 5 match is an accomplishment.

I matched at my number 1 program last year, and had taken neither of my Step 2s until Jan/ Feb. I do think that applying early is good advice, but I think it's good advice for everybody, not just certain applicants. Maybe you have certain deficiencies in your application that your test results compensated for?

Perhaps landing your number 5 choice is an accomplishment for you, but don't sell your fellow colleagues short. Again, congrats on your match.

Completely disagree with the message in your post. Being an American grad (and an American) gives you a huge step up on other applicants, for starters. Then, it's about the quality of your application. Psychiatry is not a competitive field, and, while I am happy you are satisfied with your match, you send the message to DO students that landing your number 5 match is an accomplishment.

I matched at my number 1 program last year, and had taken neither of my Step 2s until Jan/ Feb. I do think that applying early is good advice, but I think it's good advice for everybody, not just certain applicants. Maybe you have certain deficiencies in your application that your test results compensated for?

Perhaps landing your number 5 choice is an accomplishment for you, but don't sell your fellow colleagues short. Again, congrats on your match.

Wow, that has to be one of the more backhanded/insulting posts I've seen on a thread where people are celebrating their accomplishments.

You have no idea what that poster's #5 choice was, and therefore have absolutely no right to insinuate that this is not an accomplishment. I have a friend who matched at his #7, which is a top ten surgery program. His #1-6 were also top ten surgery programs. Despite the fact that he went down to #7, he's still going to be at a better program than a lot of other surgery applicants, and I'd rather be in his shoes than someone who matched at their #1 but didn't even get a chance to interview at some really fantastic places. Likewise, for all you know, that poster's #1-4 choices could have been places that rejected you pre-interview. So get off your high horse, please, and stop throwing insults at people who just found out less than a week ago where they will be spending the next 4 years, who may or may not be happy, and who are trying to make the best of it regardless.

Wow, that has to be one of the more backhanded/insulting posts I've seen on a thread where people are celebrating their accomplishments.

You have no idea what that poster's #5 choice was, and therefore have absolutely no right to insinuate that this is not an accomplishment. I have a friend who matched at his #7, which is a top ten surgery program. His #1-6 were also top ten surgery programs. Despite the fact that he went down to #7, he's still going to be at a better program than a lot of other surgery applicants, and I'd rather be in his shoes than someone who matched at their #1 but didn't even get a chance to interview at some really fantastic places. Likewise, for all you know, that poster's #1-4 choices could have been places that rejected you pre-interview. So get off your high horse, please, and stop throwing insults at people who just found out less than a week ago where they will be spending the next 4 years, who may or may not be happy, and who are trying to make the best of it regardless.

Annnnd boom goes the dynamite. Well said!

:thumbup::thumbup:

Ya seriously, this is a happy thread. If there is a thread where people ask for advice, feel free to voice your recommendations there but let's all just be happy for those who are satisfied with their match, like this person was. :p

Hey everyone, sorry to cause a "thread bomb".

I did have a more challenging situation as my spouse is transferring Residencies as well and that limited me to major academic centers prominent in her field. Almost all of my programs were "reach" programs but I matched!!!!
Even more happily no long distance marriage for us.

I concede that I probably should not have posted advice in this forum, but I have to say I freaked out last year when I was reading the analogous thread of yore and a DO did not match (after getting many interviews). I knew I had a special situation that would make it a challenge for me but it all worked out great! I think we DOs are just as deserving of top spots so I say go for it!

Best to everyone!
Peace :)

Surgery resident?

Matched at Harvard - HSS. Anyone else in the program?! :D

Does anyone know if the match outcome results that are now available on the NRMP website are before or after the scramble?

Does anyone know if the match outcome results that are now available on the NRMP website are before or after the scramble?

It looks like it's from before the scramble. For example, all the spots available in the scramble at my school were filled within an hour but are listed as unfilled on the report.

This is ridiculous. The OP matches, and is happy about it, and posted it to encourage others.

Who are you to say that its inappropriate?

Also, who says psychiatry isn't a competitive field?

You don't even know where there's person matched, yet you've decided that "sending the message that their match is an accomplishment" is somehow sending the wrong message.

The only proper response to the OP's post is "Congratulations!"

bth

Matched at UAB, my #4. very happy as I really could't decide how to rank the top 4 programs in my list. Out of the 4 it was the closest to where I live, and it has the best reputation as well.

Congrats and welcome to alabama! (assuming you're OOS)!

Congrats! I am interested in Child psych- hoping to one day apply top programs (if I am even competitive). If you don't mind, can you disclose your step 1 scores, and overall class-rank? I am trying to assess if I can still accomplish my goals. I would imagine that based on your successful match, you are a very good student.

Thanks!

Congrats! I am interested in Child psych- hoping to one day apply top programs (if I am even competitive). If you don't mind, can you disclose your step 1 scores, and overall class-rank? I am trying to assess if I can still accomplish my goals. I would imagine that based on your successful match, you are a very good student.

Thanks!

Good luck. I want to see if people post up some stats. All of you congrats on your matches. I cant wait to be in your shoes.