Match and stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Good luck to everyone today on match day! I hope everyone gets good news today. :D

To help those who will be applying for pediatrics in the future, it would help us if you gave us some information on your experience. I think where you matched and some of your stats like step 1/2 scores, grades, AOA, research, etc. If you would like to post this information, I believe many of us here would be greatly appreciative. :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Matched at UTMB, my #1 choice.

Step 1 and step 2 I had 212 and 213 respectively.

Grades werent stellar - 2 high passes in preclinical, failed (and remediated) one class (my Mom was diagnosed with cancer that month).

clinical, HP medicine,and family, passed everything else. (was sick for a good chunk of pedi including departmental test review)

No research. no AOA.

Good friends with a lot of the faculty/staff and let them know i really wanted to stay there.

Pedi isnt interventional radiology, yanno?

Star

I matched at UTMB too. I unfortunately am very depressed and confused as to what went wrong for me. I wanted to go to Dallas....Oh well...

Step Scores: Step 1: 236 Step 2 : 236
Top quarter of my class. I had research. I don't get it.

Oh well, at least there is a beach and nice people.