-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Match Day Countdown!!
Started by peter2013
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the e-mail - MATCHED!!! I'm honestly so relieved and excited!
Congrats to everyone else!!! 🙂
Congrats to everyone else!!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! The suspense!!!!! Congrats to everyone else too!!
I'm a 3rd year student here. Which programs didn't fill their spots in this year's SF match? Last year's match had 3 unfilled spots. Thank you.
I think information regarding unfilled positions will be released today.
From an email I received in December:
"Thursday, January 16th, 2014
From an email I received in December:
"Thursday, January 16th, 2014
- 9:00 AM PST Any programs with unfilled positions will be listed as having vacancies on our website unless otherwise requested by the respective unmatched program."
I'm a 3rd year student here. Which programs didn't fill their spots in this year's SF match? Last year's match had 3 unfilled spots. Thank you.
There is one PGY-2 2015 unfilled spot at Rutgers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do we have to wait a week for the matches? shouldn't the computer like spit it out instantaneously? :'(
You have a point. Not sure why that is. Being in the pacific time zone, I'm more bothered that the email arrives at 4 am. So much for sleeping Tuesday morning.
It takes approximately a week for Alan Turing's severed right hand to be delivered from the UK to SF so that it can be used to activate the Match program in the Colossus computer the SF Match purchased from the English goverment....plus minus a few days for arguably the world's first electronic computer to spit out the results...
all jokes aside, why DOES it take a week (or a month, for NRMP) for a computer to run an algorithm? or hell, 3 weeks to score a multiple-choice USMLE test? it baffles me. it's friggin 2015!
On the other hand, the regular match makes you wait a month!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 5K