Match Day Countdown!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peter2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's 31 days till we find out where we'll end up! One month, woop woop!

61v4arc9yyl_ss500_.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^Dumb dumb

29.jpg
29 days bitches!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I came here to find out when y'all match and nobody had updated this page! You dirty, lazy scoundrels! And to top it all off you've all been counting wrong! You'll all find out on the 14th, the day that the information is released to the programs. Not the 15th, which it looks like is the date you've been counting to. When the program where you matched finds out, they're going to call you. Everybody gets a call. If you don't - call your med school dean and he/she will know on the 14th. That said:

ishihara+test1.jpg
keep-calm-only-12-days-left.png

I hope you all do great! I'll be someone out there's upper level resident a year and a half from now. To that person or those people: God help you and I'm sorry in advance. ;)

Guess we're doing a new count down now...

top-10-image.jpg

I'm just gonna tag this question into this thread as I don't think it warrants its own: after we rank our programs in SF Match, is there anything else we need to do? I just see the list of programs that I applied to, the "Ranked" status along with the number I gave it, and its been confirmed via e-mail. Are there any further steps? Thanks! 9 more days!

I applied last year, but yes, that's all. Pretty anti climactic huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so excited for you guys !!!

Results are released to med schools & programs on 14th. I recall reading somewhere that we receive an email from the program where we match on 14th. And the formal match letter comes through on 15th. Is this correct? Nerve wracking time!

https://www.sfmatch.org/MatchCalendar.aspx

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like this has been kind of a long week? I'm very grateful for the early match, but it still feels like it is taking forever!!!

Results are released to med schools & programs on 14th. I recall reading somewhere that we receive an email from the program where we match on 14th. And the formal match letter comes through on 15th. Is this correct? Nerve wracking time!

https://www.sfmatch.org/MatchCalendar.aspx

Your are correct sir/madam.

Edit: you may receive a phone call from the program on the 14th, not an email necessarily.

It's amazing how all our hard work and diligence will culminate soon! I hope we match at places that will make us happy! Fingers crossed. Good luck!! :luck::xf:

Totally agree with sushichopstickz...here's 2 candles for us all!

2-two-candles1.jpg

Good luck ppl. Remember everything works out for the best.

What time tomorrow do the programs typically find out? And is it typical for programs to contact the applicants to let them know when they find out? Does it mean that if one does not receive a call/email tomorrow that they have not matched?

As in, is it possible that no one contacts you tomorrow but you have still matched and get to know on the 15th?

my understanding is 1/14 at 4 AM Pacific Time SF Match will email everyone and say yes or no on whether you have matched

Oh! But on the SFMatch website, it says the match day is January 15th, and that the results are released to the programs on January 14th.

View attachment 177575
Oh! But on the SFMatch website, it says the match day is January 15th, and that the results are released to the programs on January 14th.

SF Match sent this email some weeks back:

Dear Residency Applicant,
On behalf of the Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology (AUPO), we would like to inform you of the timeline for the 2014 PGY-2 Ophthalmology Residency Match (for positions to begin in July 2015) will follow this timeline:

Match Day Timeline
Tuesday January 7th, 2014

• 12:00 Noon (PST) Rank List Deadline
Tuesday, January 14th, 2014

• 4:00 AM PST – Applicants and Medical School Dean’s offices receive a YES/NO (MATCHED/NO MATCH) email informing them only of their Match Result status but NOT where they matched.
  • 8:00 AM PST – Medical School Dean’s Offices access student match results online via the SF Match Medical School Portal. Additionally, they will receive an email with this information.
Wednesday, January 15th, 2014

• 8:00 AM PST – Applicants’ results available online. Login to the SFMatch portal to view results.
Thursday, January 16th, 2014
  • 9:00 AM PST Any programs with unfilled positions will be listed as having vacancies on our website unless otherwise requested by the respective unmatched program.

In order to complete the rank list you must update the Track Interviews section in the online portal.
1. Login to the SF MATCH system.
2. From your homepage, click on Ophthalmology under the heading Applications.
3. Click on Track Interviews (Right side of screen).
4. Update Interviews completed and save the changes at the bottom of the list.
5. Click Rank List just below the Track Interviews button.
6. Complete the rank form and mark the checkbox to agree to the rules and click Submit Final Rank.
You can submit your rank list early and change if needed using the Clear Rank button at the top of the rank form.
Once you have submitted your rank list you do not need to take further action.

Please contact us at 415.447.0350 or at [email protected] if you have any questions.

SFMatch
655 Beach Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
http://www.sfmatch.org

Is anyone staying up late to wait for this 4AM PST email? The timing works better for the ppl on the left coast...

I gotta say, finding out via email is SO anti-climatic, considering all the years, blood, sweat, tears and $$$$ leading up to this point...

Dear eye colleagues:
I remember the nervousness and anticipation of not knowing when and how match day would go. In an effort to try and help you all have some idea of what to expect, I recently sent a survey to ten current ophthalmology residents and asked them what time they found out where they matched, and if they had any other interesting Match Day experiences they would be willing to share. The survey responses were awesome and I have summarized their Match Day experiences into a blog post that would be annoyingly-long if pasted here to SDN. In case you are interested, here is a link. Good luck!
http://eyesteve.com/ophthalmology-residency-match-day/