Match Day Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The lists are in!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank god. The anxiety was too much lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha

you will all match to your number 10

I hope you all spent a lot of agonizing time at that end of your list

CML001.jpg

This is like my 5th year going through this process on SDN. Come match day you will all laugh about how crazy you got. In the mean time enjoy your crazy.

This is like my 5th year going through this process on SDN. Come match day you will all laugh about how crazy you got. In the mean time enjoy your crazy.

Just remember, its the Crazy in us that brought us all here ;)

I have 2 more electives left. One is a nice vacation, basically getting massages and talking to zen masters. The other is a GI elective in Chicago at one of my top 2. Does this mean I go to liver round every night as 4th year.......;)

22 days to go.

I have 2 more electives left. One is a nice vacation, basically getting massages and talking to zen masters. The other is a GI elective in Chicago at one of my top 2. Does this mean I go to liver round every night as 4th year.......;)

22 days to go.

I would. :D

22 days to go.

I'm probably going to need a banana bag and an ativan drip in July to transition out of fourth year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I got a 265 on ck. Great that it came in after rank lists were due..

3 days to black monday and 7 days to match!

Anybody else having some problems with anxiety right now?

Nothing a little whiskey couldn't help, but seriously... why is it necessary to wait so long between rank day and match day? Excluding the scramble/SOAP, shouldn't the whole match algorithm thing be more or less instantaneous using today's computers? Why the long lag time?

Anybody else having some problems with anxiety right now?

Nothing a little whiskey couldn't help, but seriously... why is it necessary to wait so long between rank day and match day? Excluding the scramble/SOAP, shouldn't the whole match algorithm thing be more or less instantaneous using today's computers? Why the long lag time?

I hate long waits. At least they give us an exact time and date. I think the results of black Monday should be posted much earlier. This time next week....:eek::D

You know, I was (surprisingly) worry free for the past couple of weeks since submitting my ROL. But now that Match Day is a week away, I'm starting to get anxious. I'm not too concerned about matching; I think my application and ROL was put together in a logical and almost fail-proof method, but I am starting to think, "Damn...what if I don't get my #1." I'm sure I'd be happy with any of my choices (esp my top 5), but after having spent the last couple of weeks telling all my friends, "Oh, I put _____ as my #1" when they asked, it's become harder for me to think about not ending up at my #1. Oh well....nothing left to do now except wait and pray. Good luck everyone!

You know, I was (surprisingly) worry free for the past couple of weeks since submitting my ROL. But now that Match Day is a week away, I'm starting to get anxious. I'm not too concerned about matching; I think my application and ROL was put together in a logical and almost fail-proof method, but I am starting to think, "Damn...what if I don't get my #1." I'm sure I'd be happy with any of my choices (esp my top 5), but after having spent the last couple of weeks telling all my friends, "Oh, I put _____ as my #1" when they asked, it's become harder for me to think about not ending up at my #1. Oh well....nothing left to do now except wait and pray. Good luck everyone!

I only told 3-4 people my number one. I wake up some mornings hoping that I drop to number 4 lol. I can't wait for this process to be done with!

I've been feeling the same way! Surprisingly relaxed with some periods of "What did I just do?!" while thinking about my ROL.

I only told 3-4 people my number one. I wake up some mornings hoping that I drop to number 4 lol. I can't wait for this process to be done with!

I totally hear you. While I do think my #1 is an awesome program, I might actually be relieved to go to my #2 or #3 just because they are a little closer to home and the move might not be as tough. In any case, I will be happy. Like everyone else, I'm definitely ready to get next Friday over with!

I feel the exact same way. And everyone asks, and it's real tough to not say anything and not look like a dick.

Sometimes I secretly hope I'll end up at my number 2 because I had a hard time choosing between 1 and 2 up until the day before the deadline. Still I'm sure I'll be pretty happy at both.

Yeah, when my friends ask me, I readily tell them. And they answer back when I ask where they hope to end up. I think asking "Where do you want to go next year?" is definitely acceptable. Unlike starting 3rd year and having people ask you, "Hey, what did you get on Step 1?" Isn't that just an unwritten rule in medical school that you never just ask people what they scored on their Boards?!?! Don't be a dick, folks....

My top 3 ended up being really close to home so I will definitely be happy with that. My number 4 is the strongest program. So right now, I feel like my number 4 is more promising then my number 2 and 3 lol.

Yeah, when my friends ask me, I readily tell them. And they answer back when I ask where they hope to end up. I think asking "Where do you want to go next year?" is definitely acceptable. Unlike starting 3rd year and having people ask you, "Hey, what did you get on Step 1?" Isn't that just an unwritten rule in medical school that you never just ask people what they scored on their Boards?!?! Don't be a dick, folks....

Everyone tends to be a little paranoid edgy about making any declarations of love, especially those trying to go competitive, and especially if they want to stay at the home programs, but once all the lists are in, they are in. However, I think it's perfectly acceptable and I constantly badger my students about it this time of year. :D

My top 3 ended up being really close to home so I will definitely be happy with that. My number 4 is the strongest program. So right now, I feel like my number 4 is more promising then my number 2 and 3 lol.

Same here number 4 is also the strongest program on my list and the only one in my top 8 or so that's not close to home. We'll see.....

Looks like I'm going to be an internist...

Congrats to everyone who matched!

And I forgot--

Best of luck to everyone in SOAP! I hope you all do well!

Congrats!
Wow only 51 spots unfilled this year for IM..

Congrats!
Wow only 51 spots unfilled this year for IM..

I'm not sure if this is high or average, but it just shows that getting into IM is still no joke.

Hopefully we all get our number 1!

Next 4 days will be agonizing! I may have my own lost marathon until Friday.

Right on!! Make sure you guys tell me where by PM if you don't want to spill the beans in public later this week.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXKKlNoNdQY[/YOUTUBE]

Right on!! Make sure you guys tell me where by PM if you don't want to spill the beans in public later this week.

Derm had a11 unfilled spots. I have a feeling Derm will get double the amount of applicants next year since Derm will be considered an "easy" field by the rise 4th years :laugh:

Radiology had 75 unfilled spots.

Come june the new 4th years will be all over this board, I can't wait!

how were y'all able to see the number of spots that didn't fill for each specialty?

how were y'all able to see the number of spots that didn't fill for each specialty?

I would be interested in knowing as well. I thought that was only public knowledge for people in the SOAP

I would be interested in knowing as well. I thought that was only public knowledge for people in the SOAP

If you log into the NRMP website, to the left there is a menu bar with the option of "My Reports."

Go My Reports-->Regional Match Statistics by specialty

You can see how many spots in SOAP per specialty, but nothing regarding the SOAP status of individual institutions.