Match day is tomorrow..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MdBrndPhrmcst

Keeping it real....
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaken... match day is tomorrow! any one heard anything "unofficially"?;)

good luck everyone..

p.s.
i hope it really is tomorrow so i dont look like a complete ass...

Members don't see this ad.

I matched :D ! The e-mail came at around 9am. Good luck to everyone:luck: .

I did not match. I am very frustrated right now. one program i liked really had me believing we were meant for each other. this really sucks. plane tickets, hotel rooms... money well spent. ugh. i have 2 and half hours to scrape myself off the floor and figure out what to do with myself

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not match. I am very frustrated right now. one program i liked really had me believing we were meant for each other. this really sucks. plane tickets, hotel rooms... money well spent. ugh. i have 2 and half hours to scrape myself off the floor and figure out what to do with myself

I know what your feeling. I also did not match, which raises the question as to what the hell i am going to do in a few months. =(

hey guys dont despair... there are some great positions lefts.. for example john hopkins has a 2 year pharmacotherapy position that went unfilled.. who'd a thought that? im sure it will be hell while your there..but once you finish the world is your oyster.

good luck guys. dont quit!

I just looked at the unmatched programs and WOW, it's a long list! The other two sites I applied for didn't match. There are 10 residency positions open in Minnesota alone!

I just looked at the unmatched programs and WOW, it's a long list! The other two sites I applied for didn't match. There are 10 residency positions open in Minnesota alone!

Just curious, how do you tell which positions are still open? Is there a website that shows open positions by state? :)

Just curious, how do you tell which positions are still open? Is there a website that shows open positions by state? :)

You have to be registered as an applicant to view the open positions.

Pleaes don't feel too discouraged if you didn't match. Out of 1900 applicants, 557 people did not match with a program...that's a significant number, almost 30%! In California there are 16 unfilled positions, including 5 at the VA Los Angeles, 2 at UCI, one at VA Loma Linda, 2 at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, etc. This is "free agent time" so don't give up and keep trying! After looking at the stats on the Match website, his comment is that the Match seemed to work like an early admission process this year.