Match Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxWildcat

Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else counting down the days?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, because my fiancee can't finalize job hunting without where I am going next year. I know I'll match, the question is just which one.

yeah, because my fiancee can't finalize job hunting without where I am going next year. I know I'll match, the question is just which one.

ha. That's what I said last year. That's what all my professors and classmates said about me too.

I am waiting to hear from my nonaccredited programs. They have to make an offer (if they're going to) prior to March 5th.

Members don't see this ad :)
iunno bout you guys, but im all done with my interviews as of a few hrs ago and this is my last of traveling to 6 different cities across the nation... anyways, i feel just so sick and tired of traveling and talking about myself and suiting up and being on my best behavior etc, its almost making me re-think this whole desicion lol... imean obviously i wont but is anyone feeling the same way?!

iunno bout you guys, but im all done with my interviews as of a few hrs ago and this is my last of traveling to 6 different cities across the nation... anyways, i feel just so sick and tired of traveling and talking about myself and suiting up and being on my best behavior etc, its almost making me re-think this whole desicion lol... imean obviously i wont but is anyone feeling the same way?!

I was nervous and uptight on the first interviews too and in hind sight probably didn't do that great. But that was a good way to destress for the rest of the interviews. For the next 6, went in more relaxed and being myself, answered questions using info from the CV & portfolio as show and tell. Much better vibe from all 6.

There were only a few weird questions that gave me pause: like if you were reincarnated as a car, what would you be. I was thinking WTF?!!! and gave my first car as the answer because I'm not flashy but always got the job done. Another potentially great answer would have been "A TOYOTA!!!! Because then you can't stop me!" :smuggrin:

lol those r some funky questions but i wasnt talking so much about being stressed about getting a residency and doing well on them, but rather the whole idea behind it and doing tons of traveling and stuff

There were only a few weird questions that gave me pause: like if you were reincarnated as a car, what would you be. I was thinking WTF?!!! and gave my first car as the answer because I'm not flashy but always got the job done. Another potentially great answer would have been "A TOYOTA!!!! Because then you can't stop me!" :smuggrin:

just to mess with people, i would have this deadpan look on my face and say "my sister was killed by a runaway toyota.

:smuggrin:

....just kidding!"

anyway, goodluck to you all...let us know how the match went :thumbup:

11 days and counting...I'm just hopeful that I matched with my first or second choice. Thankfully, I'm off work so I can either spend my time scrambling or celebrating!

I hope to be celebrating soon also; good luck to us all. I have a question about what happens if I don't match. Will I get an email the morning of the match similar to the email examples I have seen on other threads with matching information? I have heard to expect the match email at about 8-9 am, will a "no match" email come at the same time?

Thanks, just planning for all contingencies! :scared:

oh, the doubt, the uncertainty, the over-thinking.... it's killing me! The next 11 days are going to SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! +pissed+:bang::boom:

Good luck everybody. :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
the "no match" e-mail comes at the same time as the "match" ones - you all find out at the same time.

the "no match" e-mail comes at the same time as the "match" ones - you all find out at the same time.

Thanks njac, this helps me know what to expect. Good luck with your PGY-2 match. :luck:

Good luck! So happy it isn't me this year...:p

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

...just sayin'

You all are lucky, I know I have to scramble, having come in late and not submitted rankings....BTW any words of advice to a scrambler, I don't care about location etc, I would be happy getting any site, if not my parents said im being shipped off to military school...

It will be happy booze or sad booze, not sure which one yet :D I really don't have a backup plan so I hope all goes well!

On a long enough timeline - the difference between happy / sad booze decreases to nothing.

SDN has a habit of attracting the "go getters" of pharmacy - I wouldn't worry.

My stomach is in knots waiting for tomorrow morning. I was at the APhA conference all weekend and now that I am back I can't stop thinking about it!

It will be happy booze or sad booze, not sure which one yet :D I really don't have a backup plan so I hope all goes well!

yup!

kudos to whoever decided to release the results on st paddys day!

i took a mental health day off from rotation! haha

How many of you checked your e-mail a half hour ago? Apparently results aren't coming quite as early this year. Gah. Only 3.5 more hours to go at the most!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to all of you!

How many of you checked your e-mail a half hour ago? Apparently results aren't coming quite as early this year. Gah. Only 3.5 more hours to go at the most!

Good luck everyone!

I keep checking every 5 minutes!! I think I'm just going to keep checking the posts here to see if anyone has heard yet. I can't take the suspense of mailbox loading up anymore!

I got my first choice thank God... good luck to everyone else...

fight hard for the scramble guys, keep your heads high!!!!

2nd choice!!!!

Hang in there, guys. That was me last year. I'm pretty busy today but I can try to help out. Its not a reflection on you as a pharmacist!!!!! And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better.

2nd choice!!!!

Hang in there, guys. That was me last year. I'm pretty busy today but I can try to help out. Its not a reflection on you as a pharmacist!!!!! And I'm not just saying that to make you feel better.

CONGRATS...so what time does the scramble list avail california time

Noon eastern time, so 9

I matched too! :D with my 2nd choice, but I only interviewed with 2 places. I can finally breath a sigh of relief... Best of luck to everyone!

I did not match. Tough crowd this year apparently.

:) with my first choice!! Woooohooo! I hope everyone else will get where they want and I wish everyone luck in the scramble!
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

This is amazing. So far I have heard from at least 3 other amazing people - one was her state's student pharmacist of the year, plus she applied to at least 10 programs - who did not match.

Not matching is not a reflection on you as a person or as a pharmacist. There are a bunch of great candidates who don't match as well as good programs who don't match. I'm sure it's tough at this moment to get that news, but use it as motivation to be aggressive for the scramble.

:)

I matched with my second choice! Honestly, I'm happy with either one. I liked both programs very much so it was really hard ranking either one in front of the other. I feel very fortunate that I was able to interview at my top two choices and even more fortunate that I matched! I hope this means good bye to retail for good!

I matched with my second choice! Honestly, I'm happy with either one. I liked both programs very much so it was really hard ranking either one in front of the other. I feel very fortunate that I was able to interview at my top two choices and even more fortunate that I matched! I hope this means good bye to retail for good!

AMEN to your last sentence!! I also matched . . so the light at the end of the retail tunnel is in our sights!! Congrats to all who matched and good luck to everyone in the scramble. <<Pushing for you>>

Can we contact the program or do we wait to hear from them?

Congrats Red Apples! I was pulling for you! I know we're in the exact same position working in retail for a while and desperately wanting to get out.

Congrats everyone who matched! Good luck to those who are scrambling!