Matching at Cleveland Clinic's PM&R program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sandy4321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how competitive Cleveland Clinic's PM&R program is? I am interested in that program for several reasons, including its location in my hometown. I have a 245 step 1 score and am involved in several research projects in the field. I realize they only accept 2 residents per yer which is why I am concerned about not matching. Any feedback or advice will be much appreciated! Also if anyone has interviewed there or is familiar with the program, please share any information about it that could be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Do it an away rotation, rock it. Get LOR.

Reactions: 1 user
Communication your interest directly with PD/coordinator/admin assistant. Residencies want people that want to be at their institution. With your resume and interest it would at least get you a interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a newer program. I’d look at Case Western as well.

It’s a newer program. I’d look at Case Western as well.
If location is important for you, definitely apply to University Hospitals and Metro health (case western) as well. CCF has just 2 spots, but overall Cleveland has something like 12 PM&R spots. All good programs. I'm most familiar with Cleveland clinic's. PM me.

I applied there with similar scores, ranked it lower mainly because it's a newer program and the small size. Overall though, I think it will become a very solid program once it has a few more years under their belt. Case Western is very good and well-respected because they have MetroHealth. They share rotation sites and CCF residents rotate at Metro for some rotations. In terms of competitiveness, I think they interviewed about 50 something people for those 2 spots so it's pretty competitive but if you have a good reason for wanting to go there & rank it #1, then you could have a decent shot. I believe they said they're working on expanding their program to 3 or 4 residents per year

CCF is a great place to train if not just because of name recognition. All the Cleveland PM&R residencies are great, though. You can't go wrong with any of them. MetroHealth focuses on research/inpatient, UH on outpatient, and CCF on inpatient. Both CCF and UH are new-ish, but are really expanding and getting even better. Just depends what is important to you!