matching process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MikeTheGipper

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wondering....when applying to PGY-2 programs in the match how does the prelim year work if its at a different site? do you apply to prelim years and pgy-2 rads programs, or do you just try and secure a prelim somewhere then enter the match for rads the following year as well??
 
The former. There are also categorical programs.

However, I've seen some of your former posts. I suggest you concentrate on doing well medical school and crossing these bridges when you get there.
 
Last edited:
The former. There are also categorical programs.

However, I've seen some of your former posts. I suggest you concentrate on doing well medical school and crossing these bridges when you get there.


I see. So one applies to both simultaneously. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Not sure exactly what your implying by stating that you've seen some of my former posts. No big deal. Of course my number one concern at this point is to do well in medical school. Just figured there's nothing to lose if I ask these sort of questions as they pop into my head. Thanks again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad