matching service for internation medical graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harrynthia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone:

I graduated from a medical school in China several years ago and just passed the MCCEE. Now I would like to get some idea about the chance I may have during the matching. Is it very hard for IMGs like me?

Thanks very much.

Members don't see this ad.

hi dear,
its not different than other doctors who have got residency in canada as foregn medical graduates,so you should pass MCCQE 1 and 2 and then try t get immigration t canada and do some voluntary job in any canadian hospital,then ur chances of getting residency would be incraesed too much,
ok,dont be depressed,

Thank you, Najwal. But still wondering whether I need to pass MCCQE 1 and 2 before matching. I thought that, after MCCEE, I am eligible for matching. Is this Wrong?

You are right. However, the more exams you do (QE1 and QE2) AND how you do on them will better your chances in general. This is more pertinent for those who have been out of medical school for a few years. This doesn't apply to those who are still final year medical students at the time of the match who only have to complete the EE.

Of note: for the first time this year, there are clear cut offs for exam marks received on especially the EE. Before this, it was a matter of passing only, but now this even is not enough - I believe this is program dependent and should be looked at individually per program as per the CaRMS website (ie specific minimum and required exams needed).