Matching system had problems I hear, No BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmaTope

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard from a few applicants and program directors recently stating that the match system didn't take all the rankings although they were submitted. Has anyone else heard this?

If you take a look, a lot of big name residencies did not match fully (i.e. Yale University Hospital).

I was just called by a program I ranked high and was told this story how their rankings didn't take all the rankings asking if I had matched because they were interested in me. A friend of mine just told the same thing happened to him as well. I wonder if there is any validity to this.

This seems like a potential nightmare.:meanie:👎
 
Hmm.. interesting. I didn't hear of this problem but I notice Loma Linda in CA has 2 unmatched positions. Do they have a good residency program there? I even considered applying there.
 
my top choice lead me on thinking i was perfect for the position and what not. But i'm happy where I ended up. But still, residency directors shouldn't send emails like that.