Matching system had problems I hear, No BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmaTope

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from a few applicants and program directors recently stating that the match system didn't take all the rankings although they were submitted. Has anyone else heard this?

If you take a look, a lot of big name residencies did not match fully (i.e. Yale University Hospital).

I was just called by a program I ranked high and was told this story how their rankings didn't take all the rankings asking if I had matched because they were interested in me. A friend of mine just told the same thing happened to him as well. I wonder if there is any validity to this.

This seems like a potential nightmare.:smuggrin::thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm.. interesting. I didn't hear of this problem but I notice Loma Linda in CA has 2 unmatched positions. Do they have a good residency program there? I even considered applying there.

my top choice lead me on thinking i was perfect for the position and what not. But i'm happy where I ended up. But still, residency directors shouldn't send emails like that.