Materials for the BCSE and NAVLE

Discussion in 'NAVLE' started by wahied0, Aug 5, 2017.

1. VetP

Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou

Ritchie likes this.
  2. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hi, welcome, its up to you all depends in if you think you are prepare enough go ahead. I think you will need more time according to the others, all depends in how your timing are. I am still trying to pass the IELTS and studying for the BCSE at the same time.
    I am planing to take the IELTS in January and after schedule the other.

3. Ritchie

Veterinarian
    2 months will not be enough especially if you have to work too. It might be easier for you though because you graduated recently. The main task is to get used to the exam format (multiple choices) and cover the top 10 diseases for most important species. You may need to but a prep material - most people prefer Zuku.

4. Ritchie

Veterinarian
    Why do you need IETLS?

5. Bishop007

Hi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for it

Bade likes this.
  6. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hi, I will, my exam is the 1st of December lets see! Thanks!!
    By the way, how your preparation is going?

7. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hi, good morning!
    Because my first language is not English, and they ask for this in the steps for the ECFVG.

8. San9372

Hi, I prepar for BCSE exam. But I don’t know how I should start and what material should I buy?

9. Bade

Same here! My exam date is January 4th, when are you planning to take the BCSE? I'm also studying mainly from Zuku plus other extra material that I have

10. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hey, I will apply for it next year around June. I need more time and money to able to register.I am using Vetprep but its expire this year, so from next year I will pay for Zuku. Hope the best.

11. dana1517

Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.

12. Karen1602

Veterinarian
    Hi, Congrats for passing the TOELF.
    ECFVG are steps you need to do: first the english, after BCSE (Revalida), after NAVLE (license) and CPE (hands on )is the last step.

You can find all this here: https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Foreign/Pages/ECFVG-pp-steps.aspx

Good Luck

13. dana1517

thank you so much!

Karen1602 likes this.
  14. myred

Hi Dana,
    ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
    I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.

Bade, Karen1602 and Ritchie like this.