- Home
- Forums
- Veterinary Communities (DVM)
- Veterinary
- North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Materials for the BCSE and NAVLE
Started by wahied0
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou
Hi, welcome, its up to you all depends in if you think you are prepare enough go ahead. I think you will need more time according to the others, all depends in how your timing are. I am still trying to pass the IELTS and studying for the BCSE at the same time.
I am planing to take the IELTS in January and after schedule the other.
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou
2 months will not be enough especially if you have to work too. It might be easier for you though because you graduated recently. The main task is to get used to the exam format (multiple choices) and cover the top 10 diseases for most important species. You may need to but a prep material - most people prefer Zuku.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, welcome, its up to you all depends in if you think you are prepare enough go ahead. I think you will need more time according to the others, all depends in how your timing are. I am still trying to pass the IELTS and studying for the BCSE at the same time.
I am planing to take the IELTS in January and after schedule the other.
Why do you need IETLS?
Hi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for itHi, I didnt pass the IELTS - I am applying again, but trying to study at the same time for the BCSE, I am using Vetprep because I pay already for it untill december but I after I will pay for Zuku and also they said that dvmprep is very good to for BCSE.
Keep trying!!
Hi, I will, my exam is the 1st of December lets see! Thanks!!Hi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for it
By the way, how your preparation is going?
Hi, good morning!Why do you need IETLS?
Because my first language is not English, and they ask for this in the steps for the ECFVG.
Hi, I prepar for BCSE exam. But I don’t know how I should start and what material should I buy?If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Bade
New Member
Same here! My exam date is January 4th, when are you planning to take the BCSE? I'm also studying mainly from Zuku plus other extra material that I haveHi Karen..hope you pass the IELTS this time around. Prepping for BCSE next year..utilizing Zuku for it
Same here! My exam date is January 4th, when are you planning to take the BCSE? I'm also studying mainly from Zuku plus other extra material that I have
Hey, I will apply for it next year around June. I need more time and money to able to register.I am using Vetprep but its expire this year, so from next year I will pay for Zuku. Hope the best.
Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.
Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.
Hi, Congrats for passing the TOELF.
ECFVG are steps you need to do: first the english, after BCSE (Revalida), after NAVLE (license) and CPE (hands on )is the last step.
You can find all this here: https://www.avma.org/ProfessionalDevelopment/Education/Foreign/Pages/ECFVG-pp-steps.aspx
Good Luck
Hi Dana,
ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.
ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.
Hiii Im from Colombia too. I am in Berkeley California would you like to talk? I just passed the TOEFL and I will start to study fot the BCSE my email is [email protected]Hi there, I just have a question about BSCE and NAVLE do I need to take both? I didn’t make my registration yet I just arrived to California a couple months ago, I’m a veterinarian from Colombia.
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I need materials for BCSE and NAVLEIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
My email address [email protected]Hi I need materials for BCSE and NAVLE
Hi Dana,
ECFVG certification takes time so,major advice is to not to put a time limit or you will be under real stress and will not succeed with your goals and will be huge disappointment which will have a long lasting effects emotionally .So, best thing to do is have a contingency plan in case there is a visa expiring situation. The reason i am saying this because only BCSE can be taken at any time but for CPE , The rumor is that 2019 test dates are already sold out as there is huge waiting list and only few slots are available for each test dates and where as in case of NAVLE They conduct only 2 times a year once in April ( last date for application feb -1) and again in Nov ( deadline appl july 31). Add to this, probably you are real good and can clear these exams in one shot, one needs to account for in case you have to retake any or all again.
I know ECFVG certification and licensing is not really hard . No disrespect but you put in time and effort you will get it done. However, timing is another thing which we can not control. So, please be conservative when comes to allocating time for certification and licensing.
Thank you for your tips, I have to start now to study but I really do not know where to start do you have any recommendation? I know about zoku and I have Merck manual, I do not want to start with Zoku I will like to start in like a month. Thank you
Fabian Guavita
New Member
Hiii Im from Colombia too. I am in Berkeley California would you like to talk? I just passed the TOEFL and I will start to study fot the BCSE my email is [email protected]
Hey Dana! As you have mentioned, I too will be starting to prepare to take the BCSE. With that being said, I was wondering if you would want to create a study or perhaps I can join one you have already created. Let me know! Thanks in advance!
Hey guys did you ended crating a study group? If so I would love to join!! My ema is [email protected]Hey Dana! As you have mentioned, I too will be starting to prepare to take the BCSE. With that being said, I was wondering if you would want to create a study or perhaps I can join one you have already created. Let me know! Thanks in advance!
Miloglorza
New Member
Hey! I'm also for Colombia and just finished the TOEFL. Im preparing myself for the BCSE and I'm looking tips for studying. Please let me now if you want to start any group chat! or I can join into one!Hi! I just passed the TOEFL test, I am from Colombia and I want to start to study for the next tests, I did not know that I have to take BCSE and NAVLE can somebody explain me a little more about these test I thought that I just have to present the BCSE. I only have one year or less to pass all the test because my visa will expired.
Hey! I'm also for Colombia and just finished the TOEFL. Im preparing myself for the BCSE and I'm looking tips for studying. Please let me now if you want to start any group chat! or I can join into one!
LhamaLhama
New Member
I need study material for BCSE. Can you help me?If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
I don't know from where to start....
LhamaLhama
New Member
Hi,
I need guidance on bibliography / materials to study the BCSE. Can anybody help me please?
I need guidance on bibliography / materials to study the BCSE. Can anybody help me please?
Hey guys I’m also studying for the bcse my test date is in November there are a few that want to start a study group if you’re interested send me an email at [email protected]Hey! I'm also for Colombia and just finished the TOEFL. Im preparing myself for the BCSE and I'm looking tips for studying. Please let me now if you want to start any group chat! or I can join into one!
How do you do that?Hi
Do any one want to split and share zuku app premium fee or if you have zuku notes please share.Thanku
hi everyone, I would like to take the BCSE and NAVLE's , but i have a few questions....
1. The study material from the BCSE ( e.g Zuku) is it applicable for NAVLE ? or do i need a completely new but different materials?
2. What is the average time required need for exam prep in both instances
3. How do I access study material for both, or is there a study guide to be more efficiently prepared?
Hope to hear from someone soon. Really interested in making this happen!
Thanks in advance
1. The study material from the BCSE ( e.g Zuku) is it applicable for NAVLE ? or do i need a completely new but different materials?
2. What is the average time required need for exam prep in both instances
3. How do I access study material for both, or is there a study guide to be more efficiently prepared?
Hope to hear from someone soon. Really interested in making this happen!
Thanks in advance
Hello i am currently awaiting ECFVG certification and would really appreciate BCSE/NAVLE study material. Thank youIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emel Erdemanar
Bcse-Navle
Hello Amal i am studying bcse and navle.could you share with me your materials if it s possible?
I desperately do if u or anyone other have. Would be really grateful as I am a foreign veterinary student planning to do navle or bcse
Hello guys shall we form a discord or Whatsapp group for preparation ? Med students have lots of these type of groups for usmle as they are very helpful.
fekry
New Member
I would really appreciate it if you can send me those materialsIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Good Morning
My name is Mohamed Elshafey, I am an Egyptian veterinarian and the founder of AVEC (American veterinary exam course) which have been offering preparation courses for the American, Canadian and Australian veterinary boards. for three years we have been offering our services exclusively in the Middle East.
Now we are trying to increase AVEC global reach, so I am creating a what's app group for all veterinarians trying to pass the board. In it I will post all necessary information about the three boards regarding registration and the nature of the exams. all information about our services will be posted in the group as well. if you are interested this is the link of the group.
My name is Mohamed Elshafey, I am an Egyptian veterinarian and the founder of AVEC (American veterinary exam course) which have been offering preparation courses for the American, Canadian and Australian veterinary boards. for three years we have been offering our services exclusively in the Middle East.
Now we are trying to increase AVEC global reach, so I am creating a what's app group for all veterinarians trying to pass the board. In it I will post all necessary information about the three boards regarding registration and the nature of the exams. all information about our services will be posted in the group as well. if you are interested this is the link of the group.
Hi! Our school cancelled all of our clicinal rotations that were scheduled for this summer. Since none of us can really work/want to work since it’s risky due to this virus, we will have the entire summer free. I won’t be taking the NAVLE until next year, but I wanted to get a head start on studying for it and try to utilize the free time this summer. I have two questions:
-Is VetPrep better? I have heard the navle is more similar to questions from VetPrep.
-Also, can you buy one VetPrep and share it among your friends and that way share the cost? Like you have one person buy it, create one login and then share that login info with your friends and all split the cost so you don’t have to pay the entire amount yourself.
Thanks in advance!
-Is VetPrep better? I have heard the navle is more similar to questions from VetPrep.
-Also, can you buy one VetPrep and share it among your friends and that way share the cost? Like you have one person buy it, create one login and then share that login info with your friends and all split the cost so you don’t have to pay the entire amount yourself.
Thanks in advance!
2020VETIK
New Member
I need these study materials... Thank youIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
vaesoli
New Member
hi can you please seed me the material to [email protected]If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Thank you
Lawrencecrossfield
New Member
Hi- I’m new to this forum. I’m currently a small animal vet- I graduated in the UK and have been working here for 2 years. I am planning to move to the US and so need to complete ecfvg and navle, ideally sooner rather than later. According to navle guidelines I need to have completed the BCSE before I can apply. My question is this- realistically would 2 months be enough time for me to study for the BCSE? Especially given that I no longer work with large animals and so would need to study this more than the small animal side. Ideally I would like to complete the navle in April 2019 but this would mean doing the BCSE in January! Thankyou
Hi, I am new to this forum.
I understand this was posted some time ago but would love some more info regarding this.
I am a SA vet UK graduate of 3 years. I am planning a move to the US. Would people advise paying for study material like VetPrep or just go on knowledge?
Thanks
Lawrence
dogtor_vet
Full Member
I am taking my NAVLE in November 2020. I am looking for a study partner, please contact me here if you are interested. You can also email me at [email protected] Thank you!
krishnaa96
New Member
sir I need those material, can u please tell me where I can get, or send me through emailIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Vivian 05
New Member
Hi. I need these study materials. Still available?If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
ceciliask98
New Member
Hello, I can see that time has passed a lot since you posted. Would it be still available for me to get your help? I'm starting my studies on BCSE and desperately need help..If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am interested, please, and thank you!If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
Praveen1409
New Member
I need study material for BCSE AND NAVALE. Can you please send it to my mailIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
[email protected]
mestefan2021
New Member
I am interest pleaseIf anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox me
I appreciate if you let me know too. I want to start studying for BCSEI need study material for BCSE AND NAVALE. Can you please send it to my mail
[email protected]
Yes please! Thank you! That would be very helpful!
If anyone needs study material for the BCSE and NAVLE you can inbox m S