Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lanwill83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any MFM fast track programs? My school is trying to get approved for 5-6 MFM fast track. Does anyone know of any established MFM fast track programs??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean by "My school is trying to get approved for 5-6 MFM fast track"?

Generally the fast track is offered on a case-by-case basis to senior residents provided that the programs sign off on it. I don't recall there being a list of programs as technically any program, under ABOG approval, may offer this.

Sorry if this didn't answer your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will any ACGME residency potentially land you a fellowship in MFM, or do you have to attend one of those "big time" residencies to attain the fellowship?

Getting into an MFM fellowship will involve a combination of various factors including strong letters of recommendation, research experience, and good impression on the interview. Although a "big time" program is not a requirement nor a sole factor, it can potentially be advantageous as the letter of recommendations would likely come from well known individuals in the MFM field and the applicant would potentially enjoy "networking" opportunities during SMFM and AIUM meetings as a resident.

Best of luck!

Getting into an MFM fellowship will involve a combination of various factors including strong letters of recommendation, research experience, and good impression on the interview. Although a "big time" program is not a requirement nor a sole factor, it can potentially be advantageous as the letter of recommendations would likely come from well known individuals in the MFM field and the applicant would potentially enjoy "networking" opportunities during SMFM and AIUM meetings as a resident.

Best of luck!

Thanks.