math classes included in the science gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sarora11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
An ASDOH student told me yesterday that math classes are included in your science gpa?? Is this a joke why would math be considered a science

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, math is counted in your science GPA, but not your BCP GPA. Eh, since Calc is the basis for most modern physics, I could understand why it would count as a science. Plus, most people do pretty decent in math, I know it helped me a bit :)

The physics required is not even calc based, its just basic middle/high school algebra. I have a great science gpa but the math program at my school is rediculous, so I have some low grades in math that would bring my sci gpa down hardcore this is awful news

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh, most of the schools I was applying to wanted me to take my undergrad's Calc Based Physics for Life Science Majors. On the bright side, you probably didn't take too many math classes compared to the number of science classes.

Ahh, most of the schools I was applying to wanted me to take my undergrad's Calc Based Physics for Life Science Majors. On the bright side, you probably didn't take too many math classes compared to the number of science classes.

thanks viper. I have some bad grades from my HS dual enrollment, a good amount of poor math credits from that. My science in college has been awesome, but I have a C in pre calc and a B in calc which hurts. What schools required calc based physics?

quick question is Intermediate algebra and college algebra included in the scince GPA?

To alej1020, any non-remedial math class counts towards your science GPA.

I had thought more schools required calc-based physics, but I'm not so sure any more. I just know that a number of schools didn't take my school's algebra-based physics.