Math classes

Allen1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which math courses should I take in 9th grade?

Members don't see this ad.

What year are you in? What math class are you taking now? There is usually a set order in school districts starting from 7th-8th grade, like pre-algebra -> algebra 1 -> geometry -> algebra 2 -> pre-calculus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took regular 8th grade math because I’m really bad at math and that was my only regular course.
What was the name of the course you took? Did u take arithmetic, geometry, pre algebra, algebra? What exactly did u learn? If you're unsure just tell me just some of the topics you went over.

Which math courses should I take in 9th grade?
It's a little ridiculous to me that you think we can answer this question without knowing your goal, how you do in math, or what options are available to you.

What was the name of the course you took? Did u take arithmetic, geometry, pre algebra, algebra? What exactly did u learn? If you're unsure just tell me just some of the topics you went over.

8th grade Pre-algebra

It's a little ridiculous to me that you think we can answer this question without knowing your goal, how you do in math, or what options are available to you.
Preserve the typical SDN snark for someone of driving age, please.

8th grade Pre-algebra
In my high school, the typical progression was pre-algebra, then algebra, then geometry, and then whatever else (most people I knew then took pre-cal, and then calculus but larger schools may have other options- that's all the math my school had). I would probably just go ask the guidance/academic counselor. They should know these types of things. Or ask your math teacher.

8th grade Pre-algebra
Algebra 1. And study hard in all the topics you learn, because if don't, you will struggle all throughout high school, and college. If you understand all the stuff, then you can easily apply these ideas to the next subject you learn. For example, if you work hard this year, then next year in geometry, you'll have a breeze because algebra is like 30 percent of geometry. Study hard, go to extra help everyday in math and other subjects, and even tell your mother to hire a tutor for you.
Khan Academy
Go on this website, this will increase your grades a lot!
I have a few other websites and resources if you want I can give you them. Good luck!