Math Destroyer or CDP Math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS to be

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the real DAT and used these for math can you please elaborate on similarities? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I cannot speak for CDP Math, but for me destroyer math was a bit harder than the real thing. However, what made the real DAT much harder was the time constraint.

so.. math destroyer is really at equal/higher difficulty than the real QR....?

why are people getting knocked up at QR...

Members don't see this ad :)
so.. math destroyer is really at equal/higher difficulty than the real QR....?

why are people getting knocked up at QR...

Either they have difficulty budgeting their time or they do their calculations much too slowly. Practice will help the former, and the new on-screen calculators may help the latter.

I currently have the CDP Math and timing is my main problem. I have done the first 3 tests and got a 16 on all 3 :( I end up guessing about 15 questions :eek:

wait, but really math destroyer is as hard as DAT gets?

can anybody confirm this?

i'd have to go with math destroyer just because it comes with 10 practice tests 400 problems which are designed like the problems on the the DAT and detailed solutions CDP is overkill from what i've gathered. the regular destroyer is used a lot and is solid so im gon stick it out with math destroyer as well.

if you dont have the regular destroyer you can get the math destroyer with it as a combo for 200 at www.ogoman.com which isnt a bad deal because the destroyer by itself costs 150 so for a lil more ur gon get 10 practice tests ...and it has detailed soulitions which i dont think CDP offers.

Oh I have the regulat DAT destroyer, but 2009 edition. I also have the CDM. I am hoping this will be enough. I am having most trouble at math.

Have you guys tried the Kaplan Subject tests for QR?

It is insanely hard compared to any other QR sources I've ever encountered.

I don't know about CDP math but math destroyer was soo spot on.

If you master those 400 questions, about 70-80% of them will show up in the SAME format on the real DAT with just different numbers.

I only got 18 on the QR, but believe me, I did NOT use the math destroyer right. I only did the first 6 tests, and I did them about 1 month before my actual DAT date, so by time I took the DAT, I was out of practice and forgot many of the formulas. I totally underestimated this section, had I treated it with respect, I woulda easily gotten 22+ on QR

I have both the full version of CDM and the Math Destroyer, and the video explanations on CDM are super helpful. There's nothing like having someone walk you through a problem in real time. I also really like the timing/format of CDM because they're like the real test - if you're taking the DAT after march you can pull up your computer's basic calculator and it's just like the real thing.

That being said, I've been through 3 of my 25 CDM tests, but I haven't taken a full Math Destroyer test yet.

Wait a second, it's already March 6!! That means that someone has probably taken the DAT with the calculator. This has been the fastest January/February of my life....

Now I gotta go search the boards to see if they thought it was different because of the calculator

Last edited:
Hey, nobody has taking the test yet. We were all scheduled due to maintenance from march 1-10.

The instructor on CDM is terrible. He doesn't know what he is doing. He just repeat the text solution on board I can see that he doesn't even have a confidence with math.

I am so confusing about Normality, equivalent weight, valence factor.
This is what I summarized it so far, could you be able to explain those concepts?

Normality
The normality is defined as the number of gram equivalents of solute present per liter of the solution at any given temperature.

Normality = Molarity x i

Normality = Molarity x # of electrons traveled.

Equivalent weight = atomic weight /valence factor or
= molecular weight / basicity or acidity
So equivalent weight of oxygen is 16/2 = 8

Valence factor – How many electrons does an element need to be saturated, charge (with no sign), for example, valence factor for Hydrogen is 1, Oxygen is -2, and Al has +3 and H2SO4 has valence factors of – 2.