MATH ON THE DAT ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For someone who is extremely weak in math, jumping into Math destroyer is ridiculous and impossible. I want something that will help me review and understand math topics on DAT, so then I can move on to Destroyer. Any ideas? Kaplan? Textbooks? -__-

Members don't see this ad.

For someone who is extremely weak in math, jumping into Math destroyer is ridiculous and impossible. I want something that will help me review and understand math topics on DAT, so then I can move on to Destroyer. Any ideas? Kaplan? Textbooks? -__-
Have you tried Youtube? I know DAT Bootcamp has a set of Khan Academy videos that are pretty introductory. I liked them. Also, I used Coursesaver. Chad has some Math videos. Keep in mind these are very basic.

Khan Academy
Start with learning the basics. Khanacademy is a good start. A basic algebra book is also good.
Learn the basics before you start the math destroyer. Purplemath.com is also a good website. Once you understand the basics then you can tackle the Math Destroyer. Don't get discouraged. As you progress you will see different type of problems asked different ways and you'll get a grasp of the best way of solving them.

Reactions: 1 users
Khan Academy

Start with learning the basics. Khanacademy is a good start. A basic algebra book is also good.
Learn the basics before you start the math destroyer. Purplemath.com is also a good website. Once you understand the basics then you can tackle the Math Destroyer. Don't get discouraged. As you progress you will see different type of problems asked different ways and you'll get a grasp of the best way of solving them.

Thank you. I noticed Khan academy only has videos for MCAT or SAT. How do u recommend utilizing khan academy best so I only focus on topics on the DAT? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Chad's videos before jumping into the more difficult resources, with Khan Academy videos for more detail on probability and statistics. After that your foundation and knowledge of the important formulas should definitely be strong enough to start practice tests.

Chad's videos --> his quizzes --> memorize BC formula sheet --> dat destroyer (use notes and formula sheet) --> rewatch videos on subjects your struggling with and additional practice --> MATH Destroyer untimed plus GRE questions- -> 2nd time through destroyer timed --> BC --> test day confidence!

Reactions: 1 user