1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

math question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by budda10000, Jul 21, 2011.

1. budda10000

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So are you suppose to be able to do logs in your head on the gen chem portion? Seems a bit ridiculous to me
    Also is there a calc allowed on QR test? I saw on the ADA practice exam it said an electronic calc. is provided for this section?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ugination87

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yes you should do logs in your head, and yes calc is provided for QR. I've been reading that the calc is the windows calc and you cant type the numbers. Rather, you have to click each number... so it can be a little time consuming.:confused:

4. Tyrangiel

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What helped me with doing logs in my head was watching chad's gen chem pH videos. He goes over it in a very easy to understand manner and the quizzes reinforce the video very well.

5. LetsGo2DSchool

Removed 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    No calculator on the science section which is a blessing meaning that all the calculations are very simple and straightforward. If there were a calculator here as you desire, we would have to perform crazy calculations with crazy numbers.

Doing logs in your head are pretty easy too. Logs are in base 10 so just put the number into scientific notation and you'll be set.