Math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mz Shaikh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking Calc I next semester. Will this go under science GPA or just over all. My cum is not so high so I am trying to do better with my science GPA. I decided not to do 3 science courses next semester all with labs. I saw this Calc course and it is 5 credits. Before i sign up for it I want to know if it will help the science GPA.

Thanx- have a great day

Members don't see this ad.

Ya, Math goes onto your science gpa.

science gpa is bio, chem, organic chem, physics, math. good luck with the calculus!

Members don't see this ad :)
does math include algebra/trig/etc...if it is i can easily artifically inflate my science gpa ...lol cool

americanpierg said:
does math include algebra/trig/etc...if it is easily artifically inflate my science gpa ...lol cool

I think Math is Math and it will count as science as long as it is offered through Math department. However, I would suggest to take atleast calculus I becasue some schools would like to see that.

Mustt Mustt said:
I think Math is Math and it will count as science as long as it is offered through Math department. However, I would suggest to take atleast calculus I becasue some schools would like to see that.

im already taking calc I and II, but i plan on taking college algebra or some trigonometry class the semester before i take my DAT, thatd cover up my attempt to pull up my science gpa right? i might actually take it because itd be helpful for the DAT.

americanpierg said:
im already taking calc I and II, but i plan on taking college algebra or some trigonometry class the semester before i take my DAT, thatd cover up my attempt to pull up my science gpa right? i might actually take it because itd be helpful for the DAT.

It doesn't make since that you'd go back to those easier classes after already taking cal I & II (couldn't possibly be there if you didn't know college algebra,etc).

dr.buck said:
It doesn't make since that you'd go back to those easier classes after already taking cal I & II (couldn't possibly be there if you didn't know college algebra,etc).

calc isnt on the DAT, and i find trig and advance algebra much harder than calc