1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Math

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Mz Shaikh, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Mz Shaikh

Mz Shaikh Member
    5+ Year Member

I plan on taking Calc I next semester. Will this go under science GPA or just over all. My cum is not so high so I am trying to do better with my science GPA. I decided not to do 3 science courses next semester all with labs. I saw this Calc course and it is 5 credits. Before i sign up for it I want to know if it will help the science GPA.

Thanx- have a great day

2. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ya, Math goes onto your science gpa.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Far Cry

Far Cry Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    science gpa is bio, chem, organic chem, physics, math. good luck with the calculus!

4. americanpierg

americanpierg Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    does math include algebra/trig/etc...if it is i can easily artifically inflate my science gpa ...lol cool

5. Mustt Mustt

Mustt Mustt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I think Math is Math and it will count as science as long as it is offered through Math department. However, I would suggest to take atleast calculus I becasue some schools would like to see that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. americanpierg

5+ Year Member

Dental Student

im already taking calc I and II, but i plan on taking college algebra or some trigonometry class the semester before i take my DAT, thatd cover up my attempt to pull up my science gpa right? i might actually take it because itd be helpful for the DAT.

7. dr.buck

dr.buck Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It doesn't make since that you'd go back to those easier classes after already taking cal I & II (couldn't possibly be there if you didn't know college algebra,etc).

8. americanpierg

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    calc isnt on the DAT, and i find trig and advance algebra much harder than calc