Math...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cofo

Super Cool Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not that great at math and I was wondering which study guide I should get that has a lot of word problems similar to the DAT?
Like...an SAT Math study guide, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

MATH destroyer. The new 2010 version has 11 tests, 40 questions each test... thats 440 total. Most of them are like exact word-for-word from DAT QR test (but with different values)

Are there any other guides that are good to supplement MATH destroyer?

I used Kaplan blue book's 6-chapter QR section, I didn't find it usefull at all. DAT desteroyer has like 150 QR problems, but I didn't like them at all either. I think MATH Desteroyer (for me personally) is the best option out there.... Of course I am only saying this cause I have no experience with Crack DAT MATH.

But lets be realistic here, those 440 problems on the MATH destroyer, man if someone was religious enough to master them, I can't imagine seeing that person land anything lower than a 20...

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Kaplan blue book's 6-chapter QR section, I didn't find it usefull at all. DAT desteroyer has like 150 QR problems, but I didn't like them at all either. I think MATH Desteroyer (for me personally) is the best option out there.... Of course I am only saying this cause I have no experience with Crack DAT MATH.

But lets be realistic here, those 440 problems on the MATH destroyer, man if someone was religious enough to master them, I can't imagine seeing that person land anything lower than a 20...

I have Crack MATH and don't find it very helpful in learning the math problems themselves. This product is best used after you've already learned math to get experience with different problems. In order to understand their explanations, you really need to know what's going on for a specific problem and if you don't, you're SOL.

I have Crack MATH and don't find it very helpful in learning the math problems themselves. This product is best used after you've already learned math to get experience with different problems. In order to understand their explanations, you really need to know what's going on for a specific problem and if you don't, you're SOL.

ohhh I see what your asking... You want a reference guide. Hmm....

You see I never had a referense guide cause I have a minors in mathematics. I just relied on the MATH destroyer problems along with the explanations in the back... But if you need a reference guide, I guess you can obtain an algebra 101 text book (high school algebra text book would be okay), maybe a trig high school text book as well

Honestly avery, most of the problems from QR (I say most, not all) just require you to apply common sense and turn english wordings into algebraic expressions..... I don't think there are many text books out there that can do that for you, thats just something you develope from experience and practice..... If you come across a problem and you don't know how to solve it, post it here on the DAT forum and Im sure some of us can help you out.