Matriculants' Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MTY

Does anyone know if there is any web site that posts matriculants' status such as mcat score and GPA (the two major components)?
i understand many schools/students might take it privately, but i think it provides many pre-med a ballpark on where they're standing, or whether they have a good chance in applying to that particular school. Also, what is the mathematical formula in calculating the 'cut-off' score among med schools that use this system?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is a web site that talks about the numbers and averages that you are seeking.
www.pitt.edu/~drsst37/applicant

This is what I cut and pasted from that site:

In 1998 the number of people applying fell slightly for the second year in a row, but there were still 41,004 applicants for only 16,170 spots. The average matriculant had an overall GPA of 3.57 (science gpas were very similar) and an MCAT total of 29.6. (Source: AAMC.)

There is a web site that ranks US school by GPA and MCAT scores.It can be found at this address:

dolphin.upenn.edu/~amsa/medgpa.html

I hope that is helpful in your number crunching.