Max value of HPS loan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alliecat44

KSU CVM Class of '11
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This topic came up in the Penn thread, and in order to gain a wider net.

Anybody have any idea what the maximum amount of the Health Professions Student Loan might be? Seems like there's a complex formula for deciding how much $$ should be allocated to each school, then to each student...but I couldn't find any hard number values.

Anybody received this loan in the past and what to share how much they received? I'm just looking for a general idea. $1,000? $10,000?
 
Hey,

I just posted this on the Penn thread, but I'll put it here, too.

I know that the HPL differs for every school. Each university receives a bundle of money for all of their health professions (MD, dental, pharmacy, vet) from Health and Human Services and it gets divided up. So each school has a different amount of HPL to dispense. To receive the loan, you must include parental info.
 
This topic came up in the Penn thread, and in order to gain a wider net.

Anybody have any idea what the maximum amount of the Health Professions Student Loan might be? Seems like there's a complex formula for deciding how much $$ should be allocated to each school, then to each student...but I couldn't find any hard number values.

Anybody received this loan in the past and what to share how much they received? I'm just looking for a general idea. $1,000? $10,000?

At UTK, the max amount from this loan is $10000. I don't know about other schools.
 
CSU's max amount for 07-08 was $2500 and available only to OOS students.... though I was told by fin. aid that the amount changes year to year here....