Maxillofacial prosthodontist salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiardiaSpaghetti

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Planning to do the fellowship after I finish my pros residency and wondering what an average salary for a full-time maxillofacial prosthodontist would be given that there aren't many working full-time? From what I understand most work part-time, in academia, or incorporate it into their practice depending on the case. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe do some shadowing to get an idea of what they do in terms of daily practice. I know some that work within a hospital and do it full time. I know some that only take fee for service and work in private practice. There is no shortage of patients who need this work but you need to build a referral network and develop a reputation to help the patients find you. Definitely there is less money than traditional prosthodontics, but it makes you unique and you can be very successful in that position and that niche of prosthodontics.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on the Maxillofacial Prosthodontist Salary in the United State | Salary.com

How much does a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist make in the United States? The salary range for a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist job is from $37,907 to $50,083 per year in the United States.
I searched some more, got few different numbers.

How much does a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist make? The average Maxillofacial Prosthodontist in the US makes $130,177. Maxillofacial Prosthodontists make the most in Boston at $130,177, averaging total compensation 0% greater than the US average.

The estimated total pay for a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist is $170,260 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $150,111 per year.

I searched some more, got few different numbers.

How much does a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist make? The average Maxillofacial Prosthodontist in the US makes $130,177. Maxillofacial Prosthodontists make the most in Boston at $130,177, averaging total compensation 0% greater than the US average.

The estimated total pay for a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist is $170,260 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $150,111 per year.
Google numbers are way off. It says os makes a few hundred grand but they make a nice bit more than that. Honestly idk what a max prosth makes but it’s gotta be more than that, or at least I’d hope

Reactions: 2 users
Google numbers are way off. It says os makes a few hundred grand but they make a nice bit more than that. Honestly idk what a max prosth makes but it’s gotta be more than that, or at least I’d hope
Yeah it's just to get a figure, so you won't get surprised much.
But for sure a doctor that uses 3D printing technology to create life like, soft, facial prosthesis makes HELL lot more than 150k per year.

One of friend works at UT San Antonio. Max Prostho. Salary is 280kl

Yeah it's just to get a figure, so you won't get surprised much.
But for sure a doctor that uses 3D printing technology to create life like, soft, facial prosthesis makes HELL lot more than 150k per year.
Can’t Oral Surgeons also enter that prosthetic field through their own track?

Can’t Oral Surgeons also enter that prosthetic field through their own track?
I don't think it makes sense for them financially, also the materials they need to learn for that is completely outside of an OMFS curriculum.

Reactions: 2 users
but how much do "regular" prosth make?
It depends a lot
There are pros like Dr. Apa which are super luxurious, he has offices in NY, LA, and Dubai
And there are pros that barely get even
It depends on how you present yourself, and your practice

Apa isn’t a prosthodontist
Yes, but he only does pros stuff, so it is true that he is a DDS, but he is like the goal of being a prosthodontist. (or it's just my opinion)

I do not think there is a specific answer for this question. it depends if you will be going to full academia, full time hospital Job, or private practice. But what I am sure about is the numbers on google are not accurate. I have personally met different maxillofacial prosthodontists and they are doing extremely well. If you like the field and enjoy it, go for it!

Reactions: 1 users