Maximizing Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm B

HansomWare
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm going to school on the GI Bill and then Texas' Hazelwood Act for veterans. I'm going to finish my pre-reqs and Bachelors in the summer of 2010. I'm applying in the Spring of 2010.

I'm still going to have another year or two of MGIB benefit left. I was hoping to make the most of the two benefits (MGIB and Hazelwood), and I can't tap into Hazelwood until I fully use up my MGIB benefits. I figure there's no way I can try for an MBA right after medical school.

Should I try to cram in a one year masters before med school, or just wait and do an MBA after med school some time?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm going to school on the GI Bill and then Texas' Hazelwood Act for veterans. I'm going to finish my pre-reqs and Bachelors in the summer of 2010. I'm applying in the Spring of 2010.

I'm still going to have another year or two of MGIB benefit left. I was hoping to make the most of the two benefits (MGIB and Hazelwood), and I can't tap into Hazelwood until I fully use up my MGIB benefits. I figure there's no way I can try for an MBA right after medical school.

Should I try to cram in a one year masters before med school, or just wait and do an MBA after med school some time?

You can certainly do a master in whatever interests you. Personally, if I had time and money, I'd do a master in theater or acting or a master's in French literature.